Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• Mai 12, 2024, 23:56:09
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: WQS Japan - Marlon Lipke im Viertelfinale  (Gelesen 9045 mal)

Jens

• Administrator
WQS Japan - Marlon Lipke im Viertelfinale
« am: August 02, 2008, 14:07:42 »

Die Euro-Power geht weiter, Marlon steht beim 6* WQS Yumeya Billabong Pro in Japan im Viertelfinale.

Auf dem Weg dorthin hat er unter anderem Sunny "Knastbruder" Garcia ausgeschaltet.

Jens

• Administrator
Re: WQS Japan - Marlon Lipke im Viertelfinale
« Antwort #1 am: August 03, 2008, 14:37:08 »

Marlon leider bei quasi nicht vorhandenen Wellen raus im Viertelfinale. Krasser Kontrast zum Indo-Event wenn man da parallel reinschaut  ;D

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #2 am: August 04, 2008, 11:02:39 »

Yumeya Billabong Pro

ASP World Qualifying Series (WQS) Men’s 6-Star event

Tahara - Japan

29 July -3 Aug. 2008

Lipke Ends up 5th in Billabong Yumeya Pro in Japan and Goes No. 17 on Ratings

Photo: Marlon Lipke (DEU) reached the Quarterfinals in Japan for his second second consecutive equal 5th place in an ASP WQS 6-Star event

CAPBRETON, France (Monday, August 4, 2008) – Marlon Lipke (DEU), 23, the only touring German surfer among the Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) World Qualifying Series (WQS), secured the best European result in the ASP WQS 6-Star Yumeya Billabong Pro Tahara after losing to Brazilian Jadson Andre (BRA) in Quarterfinal No. 4 for an equal 5th finish.

Lipke, who was just coming back from the Honda US Open of Surfing where he already reached the Quarterfinals, was in top form all week and managed to secure a second consecutive excellent result that will definitely be a keeper on his 2009 ASP World Tour qualification quest. Gaining eleven ranks on the overall ASP WQS ratings, Lipke now leads the European contingent rated No. 17 and is well in position to keep any Dream Tour hopes alive.

The german surfer, a former ASP European Junior champion who has had a great career so far with several event wins including the ASP WQS 4-Star Movistar Pantin Classic and the ASP WQS 3-Star Estoril Coast Pro in 2007, is rising as a potential ASP Top 45 member and will be much awaited when the ASP caravan settles in Europe for no less than six ASP WQS 5 and 6-Star events in a row starting with the Rip Curl Boardmasters from Tuesday, August 5, 2008.

Other European surfers managed to shine in the land of the rising sun. Among them was Gony Zubizarreta (Galicia, ESP) who was stopped in Round 6 finishing with another promissing equal 9th result counting for his ratings’ total. Zubizarreta, who has had his best year ever so far, is rated No. 33 after Japan and slowly gains ground for a Top 16 finish and possibly a Dream Tour inception for 2009. He will attend all upcoming European events confidently.

Tim Boal (Anglet, FRA), 24, who ended up 2nd in the Honda US Open of Surfing a week ago, tried to keep the momentum going but failed to go further than Round 5 where he could not find any good wave. Boal, now rated No. 18 on the ratings, will be a natural leader for the European crew this summer and will be a favorite at some of his favorite locations including Hossegor for the ASP WQS 6-Star Prime Rip Curl Pro and Ericeira for the ASP WQS 6-Star Buondi Billabong Pro.

ASP WQS EUROPEANS’ TOP 5

No. 17, Marlon Lipke (DEU), 8232 points

No. 18, Tim Boal (FRA), 8163 points

No. 24, Michel Bourez (PYF), 7914 points

No. 33, Gony Zubizarreta (ESP), 7225 points

No. 42, Hugo Savalli (REU), 6538 points

UPCOMING EVENTS

Rip Curl Boardmasters, ASP WQS 5-Star, 5-10 Aug. 2008

Sooruz Lacanau Pro, ASP WQS 6-Star, 12-17 Aug. 2008

Rip Curl Pro, ASP WQS 6-Star Prime, 18-24 Aug. 2008

Buondi Billabong Pro, ASP WQS 6-Star, 26-31 Aug. 2008

Movistar Pantin Classic, ASP WQS 5-Star, 2-7 Sep. 2008

Rip Curl Pro, ASP WQS 5-Star, 9-14 Sep. 2008

Timo

• Global Moderator
  • Jungle run...
« Antwort #3 am: August 04, 2008, 11:07:39 »

ich bin mal gespannt ...ein deutscher auf der wct , das wäre es doch mal

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #4 am: August 04, 2008, 17:25:51 »

Marlon auf dem Cover der Surf Portugal, Fetter Shot!!

MARLON LIPKE SCORES YET ANOTHER COVER AND MOVES TO 17TH ON WQS RATINGS AFTER 5TH PLACE IN JAPAN

After his two covers in May 2008 (Surf Europe and Surfers), German surfer Marlon Lipke finds himself on this month’s Surf Portugal fold out cover (jpg attached).
But things are not only working well on the coverage front as Marlon just had another great result at the Yumeya Tahara Pro 6* WQS in Japan, where he surfed into the quarter finals. "I’m so stoked. I was first in all my heats until the quarters. The waves in my quarter final heat were tiny, I couldn’t find the good ones and Jason Andre just surfed a better heat. But a fifth place is great and I’m now in 17th place on the WQS, which is a good spot to be in before the all important European leg. But I’m not getting ahead of myself as there’s still plenty of work to be done. I’m sitting in Bangkok at the airport at the moment and only just found out that I’m on the latest cover of Surf Portugal... That’s great news!“

Next up for Marlon is the 5* WQS in Newquay, England, followed by the two big events in France, the Lacanau Pro and the Super Series in Hossegor.

To find out more about Marlon, check out his website, www.marlonlipke.com <http://www.marlonlipke.com>

Marlon is sponsored by Hurley, Oakley, Nixon, X-Markets Deutsche Bank and Semente Surfboards

FMG (Friday Management Group)
info@fridaymg.com