Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• Mai 21, 2024, 23:15:18
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: [ASP News] Nick Mita Claims 2010 Malibu Hyuga Pro  (Gelesen 1042 mal)

Jens

• Administrator
[ASP News] Nick Mita Claims 2010 Malibu Hyuga Pro
« am: Oktober 11, 2010, 11:49:02 »

Nick Mita Claims 2010 Malibu Hyuga Pro

OGURAGAHAMA BEACH, Miyazaki/Japan (Sunday, October 10th, 2010) – The Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) 2-Star event, the Malibu Hyuga Pro, went into action this morning with action for the Round of 16 of the star series event at Oguragahama Beach in Kyushu Japan first this morning. The local weather in Hyuga this morning was excellent blue skies with 1 to 3 ft. (1.5 meters) size surf with clean light winds to create an excellent condition for the final day of the 2010 season.

Jason Shibata (HAW) and Yasuaki Higashikawa (JPN) both athletes surfed star series as well as LQS move to the semi finals No. 1 for the LQS. Higashikawa was victorious this time and moves to the grand finals. Semi finals no.2 was a great match up of stylish surfers, Kekoa Uemura (HAW) and Shohei Akimoto (JPN). Uemura wins over newly crowed ASP Japan LQS Grand Champion Akimoto and moves to the grand finals.

The 25 minute decider for the LQS was a truly showdown of the finest long board surfing. Higashikawa takes the win over Uemura by 10.50 points to 10.30 and is crowed the 2010 champion.

Star series Semifinal No. 1 was a match-up of the form surfer of the event Corey Ziems (AUS) versus another solid surfer Jason Shibata (HAW). Ziems wins and moves to the grand final. Heat 2 was a decider of Nick Mita (HAW) and newly crowned 2010 ASP Japan Star Series Grand Champion Hideyoshi Tanaka (JPN). Mita moves to the grand finals.

The grand finals were a great showdown of ASP World Ranking 186th.  And recovering from a big injury 2 years ago in Pipeline Hawaii, the in form surfer of the event so far Corey Ziems vs The most humble and fit athlete who perfectly took 2 jobs of the competitor as well as the MC of the event by the name Nick Mita from Kaimuki Hawaii. Ziems showed why he was the in form surfer of the event and even in the deteriorating conditions on offer goes straight to work and leads the finals. However with only 10 minutes remaining the silent athlete was not over and scores an excellent 8.00 for his effort with a perfect 360 air.

Ziems and Mita tie with a score of 11.25 but Mita with a higher score of 8.00 leads. With 7 minutes remaining Ziems needs a 5.01. Ziems takes priority and uses it for his last chance but the score was a 5.00. Only 0.01 behind what was required. Mita is still calm and holds priority and takes over a great win at Kyushu.

“Holy cow! Still can’t believe I won,” Mita said. “Corey is so gnarly. I was only lucky to get that only 1 better wave. I new Corey was going to get the best waves. I finally did it! I have to thank god for giving me that wave. Definitely the high lite of my life. I have no words. Thank you so much my spongers, family, event staff, and the fans.”

More information at http://www.aspjapantour.com/

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/aspworldtour/~3/16WMkh2AKKo/