Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• Mai 14, 2024, 07:30:39
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: [ASP News] Courtney Conlogue Wins ASP 6-STAR Cabreiroa Surfing Girls  (Gelesen 1056 mal)

Jens

• Administrator

Courtney Conlogue Wins ASP 6-STAR Cabreiroa Surfing Girls

Courtney Conlogue takes out ASP 6-Star Cabreiroa Girls Surfing

PANTIN, Spain (Saturday, August 28, 2010) – Courtney Conlogue (USA) today claimed the Cabreiroa Surfing Girls title an ASP Women’s Star-Series 6-Star sanctioned event downing Laura Enever (AUS) in the 35-minute final. Quarter-finalists for the Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong were also decided in an intense morning session of competition.

Clean 2-3ft (1m) waves were on offer with the occasional bigger set during the morning as the swell increased slightly. Long lefts peeled off the main bank at Pantin with all competitors able to lay down combinations of manoeuvres.

Courtney Conlogue (USA) 18, left no loose ends as she tied up her maiden Cabreiroa Surfing Girls title on the small high tide peak. Starting off her day with a 19.10 total out of a possible 20 in quarter-final nº1, Conlogue kept her focus through the semi-final to eventually dominate the final clash against Enever.

Facing Enever for the second time in an ASP Women’s Star-Series 6-Star final in less than two weeks Conlogue started with a solid ride then proceeded to build on her scores. Replacing backup scoring rides while Enever searched in vain to find a decent score to open her account, Conlogue cruised home to victory.

“It was exciting to be in two finals back-to-back with Laura and it was fun competing against her again. It was definitely a lot of hard work and it paid off in the long run.”

“That quarterfinal was so much fun today,” explained Conlogue. “I just kept catching wave after wave and I was having so much fun I didn’t want to stop. I wanted to give everyone a good show and we had 30-minutes for the heat so it was fun. I love Pantin and Spain and I’ve been having a great time so I definitely want to return next year.”

Laura Enever (AUS) had to be content with runner-up position overall in the Cabreiroa Surfing Girls 2010 edition. Having taken out Tyler Wright (AUS) in a closely fought semi-final, Enever never stopped searching for scoring rides however the wave starved final 10 minutes left her short of her required score.

“I am stoked to make another final and get another result. This time Courtney got back at me from the last event but it’s all good. In the final at the end there was a lack of waves but it has definitely been a fun week here in Pantin. To get to back-to-back finals is never easy and I’m really happy with this overall result.”

Pauline Ado (FRA) took out the 2010 European Women’s Series Title finishing equal 5th today along with her nearest rivals Cannelle Bulard (REU) and Alizee Arnaud (FRA). It caps off an incredible month for the young natural-footer who also claimed the 2010 European Women’s Junior Title.

“I feel really good to win this title especially after winning the title in the junior series. After I lost today in the quarters I was watching Alizee and Cannelle because I knew if they got a good result they could win it too. I have mixed feelings today because I lost but I also won the European title so it is strange right now.”

“I have been coming here to Pantin for a few years and I have won this event and I also remember I lost the title here so I have my revenge this year. My parents and dog (laughs) are here with me because I can’t always take them with me. They can see what I do and winning the title with them here is very special.”

Quarter-finalists were also decided in the Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong during an intense session of competition. Hitting the water early this morning the remaining 16 athletes enjoyed a surprisingly building swell in clean off-shore conditions.

Nathaniel Curran (USA) 26, steam rolled an inform Jay Quinn (NZL) in the opening heat of Round Five. Off to a flying start with a series of backhand smashes on a long left, Curran received an 8.17 out of a possible 10. By the halfway stage Curran sealed the heat with an even stronger left to leave Quinn needing a combination to turn the tables.

“It is tricky out there compared to yesterday because it is a lot smaller and we are on a different bank surfing mainly lefts. I went out looking for those lefts coming through because they seemed like they were running a little better.”

“It’s always nice to start off strong,” stated Curran. “It takes some of the pressure off. I was looking to get a good opening wave and then try and back it up with another score. That is how it went for me in that heat so I am really stoked with the result.”

Top seed Heitor Alves (BRA) had his back against the wall after Dion Atkinson (AUS) had an opening ride of 9.5 out of a possible 10, the highest single wave score of the event. Answering back with an excellent 8.10, Alves took the lead and then slowly built on his backup scores and kept Atkinson at bay until the final siren.

“The guys are surfing so well in this contest and I just stayed relaxed and did my thing. I want to get the best result I can so I can qualify for the ASP World Tour next year so I am happy now. Dion was ripping out there and sometimes the pressure can help my surfing to improve in tough heats like that.”

Tim Boal (FRA) 27, ousted Royden Bryson (ZAF) in a closely fought heat from the opening exchange. Both riders opened their accounts with solid rides but it was Boal who caught the bomb and nailed a 9.00 with some power-packed backhand smashes. With few scoring waves coming through during the 25-minute clash, wave ion proved crucial as Boal explains.

“It was tough out there because it is small and inconsistent so you have to be lucky and get into a rhythm. There were only three waves in that heat and I got two of them so that’s why I made it. If I hadn’t caught that second wave I would not have won.”

Sebastien Zietz (HAW) 22, has quietly moved through the rounds to find himself in the last 8 surfers of this 145,000$US Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) sanctioned event. Surfing with power and style the young Hawaiian is now left to carry the hopes of all his friends here to support him.

“I am the last Hawaiian left in the event and I am travelling with all the boys so stoked to get through that one and hopefully can go all the way. At home we have waves on the East side that I surf everyday so I have the perfect place for practicing in these types of waves and I also have good boards for these types of conditions so I’m ready.”

A first-call will be made at 12 noon tomorrow for the men’s Quarter-Finals through to the crowning of this year’s Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong champion.

For all results, videos, daily highlights, photos and news log-on to www.aspeurope.com

CABREIROA SURFING GIRLS FINAL RESULT

1 –
Courtney Conlogue (USA) 13.57

2 – Laura Enever (AUS) 9.60

CABREIROA SURFING GIRLS SEMIFINAL RESULTS

SF 1:
Courtney Conlogue (USA) 13.50 Def. Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) 8.17

SF 2: Laura Enever (AUS) 12.66 Def. Tyler Wright (AUS) 11.70

CABREIROA SURFING GIRLS QUARTERFINAL RESULTS

QF 1:
Courtney Conlogue (USA) 19.10 Def. Pauline Ado (FRA) 9.60

QF 2: Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) 15.50 Def. Alizee Arnaud (FRA) 8.10