Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• April 28, 2024, 14:07:40
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: [ASP News] Tyler Wright Scores Perfect 10 in Round 1 of Cabreiroa Surfing Girls  (Gelesen 1142 mal)

Jens

• Administrator

Tyler Wright Scores Perfect 10 in Round 1 of Cabreiroa Surfing Girls

Tyler Wright en route to her Perfect 10 in Spain

PANTIN, Spain (Wednesday, August 25, 2010) – Tyler Wright (AUS) scored a perfect 10 and a combined heat total of 19.80 out of a possible 20 to ignite Round One of  the Cabreiroa Surfing Girls. The Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) sanctioned Women’s Star-Series 6-Star event ran through to complete Round One and half of Round Two in excellent 4-5ft (1.5m) waves during a fabulous afternoon session of competitive surfing at the main event site of Pantin.

Event officials were forced to place the Cabreiroa Surfing Girls on hold throughout the entire morning due to small inconsistent waves. With the arrival of the predicted swell increase and the incoming tide, athletes found themselves surfing long, peeling, over-head lefts and rights.

Incredibly hot weather brought the masses out to witness a spectacular day of women’s surfing from the strong international field which include the current top 20 ranked women of the ASP Women’s Star-Series World Rankings.

Tyler Wright (AUS) made the most of the long rights laying down the biggest turns in the most critical part of the wave to build on her scores until the halfway stage when she nailed a near perfect 9.8 out of a possible 10. In less than 5 minutes Wright hooked into another gem and went from start to finish throwing buckets of water and finishing with a fins-out final turn.

“It was really good out there and the waves just kept coming through and I think that anyone who caught the waves I got could have got a 10 easily so the conditions out there have improved so much that it is really good fun out there now. I wasn’t thinking about scores or anything when I caught that second wave, I was just out there surfing and having a lot of fun and I was lucky I guess.”

Coming off a recent early round defeat in her previous event Wright wants to get back on a roll and advance through to the final day of competition.

“I didn’t do too well in the last event so I am really looking for a result here and so I want to do the best I can in the next round.”

Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) was not to be out done and despite having a poor opening heat came alive in her Round Two clash claiming an 8.17 and a 9.17 point ride with a mixture of modern power manoeuvres on the long rights.

“It was fun second time around because my first heat was terrible and I was lucky to get through so I wanted to go out and get some good waves and open up. The swell has picked up and there were waves pulsing so I was really excited to get out there and to get a couple of high scores is great.”

Always looking to improve her surfing Fitzgibbons was able to use the excellent conditions to her advantage as she pulled off some innovative progressive surfing.

“I do these events to get in some good practice for the World Tour events so I try and do different combinations of turns and try things out because sometimes you can’t but today the waves were really good for the contest.”

Following in Tyler Wright’s footsteps Fitzgibbons was motivated to match her good friend’s earlier scores and impress the huge crowd watching the late afternoon action unfold

“I have been hanging out with Tyler and she had the perfect heat and I was watching thinking that I want to be out there with her and hopefully we can meet up later in the draw.”

Pauline Ado (FRA) had a magic opening heat scoring a combined total of 16.54 and then late in the afternoon advanced through to Round Three in a closely fought battle coming out on top against Alana Blanchard (HAW) for second place behind Sally Fitzgibbons.

Losing her position to Blanchard with less than 10 minutes remaining Ado came home strongly to keep her European Women’s Series title alive. Currently sitting in first place on the European rankings Ado will have to be on her toes as her three closest rivals also advanced through Round One.

“I was getting a lot of waves and some good scores and it was tough in that heat. I found the waves with a nice wall and I hope I can keep it up in the next rounds.”

Laura Enever (AUS) current nº2 on ASP Women’s Star-Series World Ranking stormed through her Round One heat and showed everyone she is in red hot form and busting with confidence after her recent win 10 days ago. Scoring several solid rides Enever finished up with a two-wave combined total of 15.34 out of a possible 20.

“There were definitely some fun waves out there and for sure the biggest waves I’ve surfed in a while so it was fun. It was almost like a point break similar to my home break at North Narabeen, Alley Rights so I was glad to get a couple of waves probably the most I’ve caught in a heat before.(laughs)”

“I’m not too nervous but coming off a win you want to do another good performance so I am trying not to think about that and just take it heat by heat and have another good contest and get a result.”

For European athletes the Cabreiroa Surfing Girls is the final stop of on the ASP European Women’s Series which is being lead by Pauline Ado (FRA) followed by Joanne Defay (FRA), Justine Dupont (FRA) and Cannelle Bulard (REU). All four surfers are within 200 points of each other meaning the title race is well and truly open leading into this final event.

A call will be made at 09:00 (local time) tomorrow Day 3 of the official waiting period for the Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong and the Cabreiroa Surfing Girls.

For all results, videos, daily highlights, photos and news log-on to www.aspeurope.com

CABREIROA SURFING GIRLS REMAINING ROUND 2 MATCHUPS

Heat 4:
Rosanne Hodge (ZAF), Sage Erickson (USA), Laura Enever (AUS), Paige Hareb (NZL)

Heat 5: Sophia Mulanovich (PER), Tyler Wright (AUS), Justine Dupont (FRA), Cannelle Bulard (REU)

Heat 6: Claudia Goncalves (BRA), Freya Prumm (AUS), Bruna Schmitz (BRA), Joanne Defay (FRA)  

CABREIROA SURFING GIRLS ROUND 2 RESULTS

Heat 1:
Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) 17.34, Pauline Ado (FRA) 10.16, Alana Blanchard (HAW) 7.03, Felicity Palmateer (AUS) 3.83

Heat 2: Courtney Conlogue (USA) 11.10, Alizee Arnaud (FRA) 9.67, Bianca Buitendag (ZAF) 6.60, Lee Ann Curren (FRA) 4.70

Heat 3: Ornella Pellizzari (ARG) 10.17, Nikita Robb (ZAF) 9.56, Nicola Atherton (AUS) 7.76, Bethany Hamilton (HAW) 4.33

CABREIROA SURFING GIRLS ROUND 1 RESULTS

Heat 1:
Felicity Palmateer (AUS) 14.10, Alizee Arnaud (FRA) 13.56, Suelen Naraisa (BRA) 7.97, Claire Bevilacqua (AUS) 5.30

Heat 2: Pauline Ado (FRA) 16.54, Lee Ann Curren (FRA) 8.20, Jessica Santorik (NZL) 7.50

Heat 3: Courtney Conlogue (USA) 14.26, Alana Blanchard (HAW) 11.54, Anne Cecile Le Tallec (FRA) 6.00, Erika Franco (ESP) 4.96

Heat 4: Bianca Buitendag (ZAF) 10.77, Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) 9.73, Erica Hosseini (USA) 8.07, Estitxu Estremo (ESP) 6.00

Heat 5: Bethany Hamilton (HAW) 15.10, Rosanne Hodge (ZAF) 11.97, Amy Stewart (AUS) 9.60, Francisca Santos (PRT) 5.57

Heat 6: Nikita Robb (ZAF) 10.90, Sage Erickson (USA) 9.66, Amandine Sanchez (FRA) 6.50

Heat 7: Laura Enever (AUS) 15.43, Nicola Atherton (AUS) 8.53, Garazi Sanchez (EUK) 7.66, Joana Rocha (PRT) 6.50

Heat 8: Paige Hareb (NZL) 9.47, Ornella Pellizzari (ARG) 8.56, Tarryn Chudleigh (ZAF) 8.30, Mirka Martin Solar 4.74

Heat 9: Sophia Mulanovich (PER) 10.43, Claudia Goncalves (BRA) 9.84, Nage Melamed (HAW) 9.03, Carina Da Silva (PRT) 5.90

Heat 10: Tyler Wright (AUS) 19.80, Freya Prumm (AUS) 14.84, Jacqueline Silva (BRA) 12.50, Yolanda Rodriguez 3.20

Heat 11: Bruna Schmitz (BRA) 11.63, Justine Dupont (FRA) 10.23, Sarah Beardmore (GBR) 6.53, Lore Eizaguirre (EUK) 4.70

Heat 12: Joanne Defay (FRA) 14.67, Cannelle Bulard (REU) 11.16, Jessi Miley-Dyer (AUS) 10.93, Maud Lecar (FRA) 6.73

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/aspworldtour/~3/i5SSe5OhWSI/