Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• Mai 16, 2024, 01:39:40
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: ASP World Tour Stop 4/11 Cloudbreak/Restaurants, Tavarua/Namotu, Fiji  (Gelesen 18639 mal)

Jens

• Administrator

Diese Threads sind auch dafür Da eure Meinung über die ASP-Contests und Fahrer kund zutun  ;)

Globe Pro Fiji

Stop No. 4 of 11 on the 2008 ASP World Tour

Cloudbreak/Restaurants, Tavarua/Namotu, Fiji

May 24–June 6, 2008

The Going Looks Good for the 2008 Globe Pro Fiji

Photo: Kelly Slater on his way to surfing the perfect heat at Restaurants in 2005.

COOLANGATTA, Australia (Thursday, May 22, 2008) – Just one week after wrapping up competition at Teahupoo in Tahiti, the ASP Top 45 are eyeing promising surf forecasts in Fiji. It looks as if the fourth event on the 2008 ASP World Tour, the Globe Pro Fiji, could get underway the first day of waiting period on Sunday, May 25, 2008.

While the surfers will arrive on the idyllic islands of Tavarua and Namotu on Saturday, May 24, a traditional Fijian Welcome Ceremony and freesurfing will take center stage –official competition cannot commence before Sunday.

“I spoke to the Globe crew who are preparing everything for a likely Day 1 start in Fiji,” Contest Director Steve Roberts said. “They tell me it is flat today but the weather is whipping up and there’s clearly some serious activity in the Tasman Seas so everyone is excited about arriving into some great swell.”

According to the official Globe Pro Fiji forecasters at Wavewatch.com, conditions are expected to be in the double to triple overhead range through the weekend.

“I don’t want to get too excited just yet but apparently Jon Roseman and Dave Clarke are optimistic that Sunday could see Restaurants fire up,” Roberts said. “The last time we surfed the Globe Pro at Restaurants was the Kelly Slater vs. C.J. Hobgood final in some of the best surf ever seen in an ASP event. Between Cloudbreak and Restaurants we’re in for an amazing event in one of surfing’s dream locations and with swell coming, well, let’s get ready for a really special event!”

Slater, who has maintained his ratings lead throughout the season thus far, surfed the only perfect 20 out of 20 heat in the aforementioned 2005 Globe Pro Fiji final at Restaurants. His opponent C.J. Hobgood dislocated his shoulder during the heat.

C.J.’s twin brother Damien Hobgood won the event in 2006, and after recovering from a recent shoulder injury of his own, is ready to defend his title next week. (NB: the Globe Pro Fiji was not held in 2007).

“I just started surfing and feels pretty good,” Damien Hobgood said. “My shoulder gets stronger every day and I will be surfing for sure.”

Hobgood was also the defending champion going into last week’s competition in Tahiti, but he had to pull out of the event at the last minute when it was apparent his fractured shoulder had not healed completely.

“It was really hard not surfing Tahiti but I know it was the right decision if I wanted to be able to surf Fiji and the rest of the year,” Damien Hobgood said.

A third of the way through the season, ASP rookie Dane Reynolds (USA) sits just inside the Top 10 as the highest rated tour newcomer of eight. Next in line and 11 spots below him sits South Africa’s Jordy Smith. 

“I guess it relieves a little pressure,” Reynolds said. “It's early in the year though and doesn't really mean anything yet, I don't think. I'm happy to be there though.”

Despite his rookie status, Reynolds has competed in ASP World Tour competition in Fiji before.

“I've never had much luck at Cloudbreak – I find it pretty tricky although I've never had it really good,” Reynolds said. “I love Restaurants though. I actually won the trials out there in 2004.”

A LIVE webcast of the Globe Pro Fiji will be available on www.aspworldtour.com and www.globeprofiji.com.

Top 10 ASP World Tour Rated Surfers going into the Globe Pro Fiji:

1. Kelly Slater (USA) 2810 points

2. Joel Parkinson (AUS) 2340 points

3. Bede Durbidge (AUS) 2318 points

4. Andy Irons (HAW) 2196 points

5. Mick Fanning (AUS) 1989 points

6. Adriano de Souza (BRA) 1932 points

7. Taj Burrow (AUS) 1886 points

8. Adrian Buchan (AUS) 1874 points

9. Kai Otton (AUS) 1800 points

10. Dane Reynolds (USA) 1742 points

Timo

• Global Moderator
  • Jungle run...

Viel wichtiges ist...das alle ihre Teamaufstellung für Fantasysurfer am Start haben

Börni

• Börni "Moses"
  • Global Moderator
  • If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready.
    • Nordsurf-Syndikat

und was für eine! Alle schon in Startposition!!! Soll ja swellmäßig gleich mit nem BANG starten.... Ich bin gespannt. Wie ist die Zeitverschiebung? Würde gerne die Heats im Stream sehen.

B.

Charly

• Home sweet home...

Pah, ich zieh das mit der Aufstellung vom ersten Event komplett durch  8)

Wenn ich mir die momentane Rangliste anschaue, siehts dafür ziemlich gut aus  ;D

Timo

• Global Moderator
  • Jungle run...

auf der fantasy-surfer seite ist FIJI Time eingeblendet

Timo

• Global Moderator
  • Jungle run...

@ charlie...wer bist du denn? also wenn du charlies engel bist sieht es gar nicht so gut aus oder????

233  perfectwave.de   2248  749  2248 
 2408  Nordsurfer   2066  688  2066 
 2997  hauptsachewelle   2038  679  2038 
X  3028  Surfriders.de   2037  679  2037 
 3390  muller   2019  673  2019 
 5209  sunshine surfer  CA  1931  643  1931 
 6567  Wipeout-Surfshop  UNK  1855  618  1855 
 6920  Charlies Engel   1832  610  1832 
 8995  old farts929418   1625  541  1625 
 16680  V-Town838893   489  489  489 

Jens

• Administrator

Ich denke die Heats werden so gegen 0 Uhr unserer Zeit starten...Nachtschicht !

Zeitverschiebung -14 Stunden

Charly

• Home sweet home...

Hej, bin nicht letzter, oder?  8)

Börni

• Börni "Moses"
  • Global Moderator
    • Nordsurf-Syndikat

Hey! Und ich sehe grad, dass mir der gute alte Don ja so was von im Nacken sitzt!!! :o :o :o  Ach was, warum guck ich nach unten!!! Jensen aka perfectwave.de ist mein Minimalziel!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Börner ;D ;D ;D

Börni

• Börni "Moses"
  • Global Moderator
    • Nordsurf-Syndikat

Übrigens n cooler Name: Charlies Engel

Anbei n Wallpaper zum Träumen für Charles:

Börni

• Börni "Moses"
  • Global Moderator
    • Nordsurf-Syndikat

und noch eines für den Haudegen aus Lünecity!!!
Damit auch das Surfthema nicht zu kurz kommt als Bonus einen einsamen Engel!
Ich wusste gar nicht dass man die girls pick und traden kann!?

Ach schieß ich gleich noch Surf Demi und Tochter Rumer hinterher. Hab ja sonst nichts besseres zu tun...

Börni

• Börni "Moses"
  • Global Moderator
    • Nordsurf-Syndikat

Wer sieht besser aus "RETRO RUMER" oder die optisch aufgefrischte Mutter "SURF DEMI"????

Jens

• Administrator

Denn gib mal gas Börni ! Mein Team ist Bombe, da helfen auch Deine Ablenkungsmanöver mit den heissen Surfbabes nix  ;D

Hab mich übrigens bei der Zeitverschiebung vertan, sind nicht -14 Stunden sondern +10, also startet der Contest wahrscheinlich von Samstag auf Sonntag Nacht so gegen 23 Uhr unserer Zeit

Swell-Forecast soll ziemlich gut sein

Jens

• Administrator

Globe Pro Fiji
Stop No. 4 of 11 on the 2008 ASP World Tour
Cloudbreak/Restaurants, Tavarua/Namotu, Fiji
May 24–June 6, 2008

Globe Pro Fiji To Start Tomorrow; Slater Draws Another Local Wildcard

TAVARUA, Fiji (Saturday, May 24, 2008) – Current ASP World Tour No. 1 Kelly Slater (USA) will meet another local wildcard when competition for the Globe Pro Fiji commences at Restaurants tomorrow. That local is Isei Tokoea (FIJ) who beat five of his fellow Fijians in today’s Globe Pro Fiji Trials to earn his spot into the main event. Slater, Taylor Knox (USA), and Tokoea are in Heat 8 of Round 1.

Tokoea, who has won the trials to earn ASP World Tour wildcards twice before, started surfing 10 years ago when he took a job as a boat driver on Tavarua – one of the islands hosting the world’s best surfers during the Globe Pro Fiji. He is 31-years-old.

“This is my third time to surf in this event,” Tokoea said. “I am excited and have been training. I have surfed here five days a week since I taught myself to surf 10 years ago. The waves are good right now.”

Fijian Prime Minister Fijian Josaia Bainimarama was on hand to congratulate Tokoea – the dignitary made a special visit to the Globe Pro Fiji opening ceremony to officially declare proceedings open.

“It is a huge honor to have an event of this magnitude in Fiji,” Bainimarama said. “To have a wildcard surfing in the Globe Pro Fiji is a huge inspiration for all of the Fijian people and I hope that surfing will grow in the Fijian culture. May the best wave rider win.”

Former ASP World Champion Mark Occhilupo (AUS) and Globe teamrider Yadin Nicol (AUS) are also competing as wildcards in the Globe Pro Fiji. Occhilupo won the inaugural ASP World Tour event held in Fiji in 1999 – the same year he won his ASP World Title.

Defending champion Damien Hobgood (USA) is the only multiple winner of the Globe Pro Fiji. Hobgood won the event in 2006 and 2004 – the last two times he surfed in the event. The Globe Pro Fiji was not held in 2007 and Hobgood withdrew from the competition in 2005 citing injury.

An official call on competition will be made tomorrow, Sunday, May 25, 2008, at 7am.

A LIVE webcast of the Globe Pro Fiji will be available on www.aspworldtour.com and www.globeprofiji.com.

Globe Pro Fiji Round 1 Match-Ups:
Heat 1: Adrian Buchan (AUS), Jordy Smith (ZAF), Royden Bryson (ZAF)
Heat 2: Bobby Martinez (USA), Luke Munro (AUS), Tiago Pires (PRT)
Heat 3: Kai Otton (AUS), Ben Dunn (AUS), Jihad Khodr (BRA)
Heat 4: Jeremy Flores (FRA), Damien Hobgood (USA), Daniel Ross (AUS)
Heat 5: Andy Irons (HAW), Neco Padaratz (BRA), Ricky Basnett (ZAF)
Heat 6: Bede Durbidge (AUS), Bruce Irons (HAW), Travis Logie (ZAF)
Heat 7: Taj Burrow (AUS), Dayyan Neve (AUS), Aritz Aranburu (EUK)
Heat 8: Kelly Slater (USA), Taylor Knox (USA), Isei Tokoea (FIJ)
Heat 9: Mick Fanning (AUS), Tim Reyes (USA), Mark Occhilupo (AUS)
Heat 10: Joel Parkinson (AUS), Pancho Sullivan (HAW), Yadin Nicol (AUS)
Heat 11: C.J. Hobgood (USA), Jay Thompson (AUS), Fredrick Patacchia (HAW)
Heat 12: Adriano de Souza (BRA), Roy Powers (HAW), Chris Ward (USA)
Heat 13: Dean Morrison (AUS), Mikael Picon (FRA), Heitor Alves (BRA)
Heat 14: Luke Stedman (AUS), Leonardo Neves (BRA), Rodrigo Dornelles (BRA)
Heat 15: Dane Reynolds (USA), Daniel Wills (AUS), Kieren Perrow (AUS)
Heat 16: Tom Whitaker (AUS), Ben Bourgeois (USA), Michael Campbell (AUS)

Past Event Winners:
2007: Not Held
2006: Damien Hobgood (USA)
2005: Kelly Slater (USA)
2004: Damien Hobgood (USA)
2003: Andy Irons (HAW)
2002: Michael Lowe (AUS)
2001: Not Held
2000: Luke Egan (AUS)
1999: Mark Occhilupo (AUS)

Jens

• Administrator