Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• Mai 20, 2024, 14:35:15
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: [ASP News] Arnette ASP World Junior Moves to Praia Do Diabo to Complete Round 3  (Gelesen 357 mal)

Jens

• Administrator

Arnette ASP World Junior Moves to Praia Do Diabo to Complete Round 3

PRAIA DO DIABO, Rio de Janeiro/Brazil (Saturday, October 29, 2011) – After monitoring conditions throughout the morning, event organizers at the Arnette ASP World Junior presented by Quiksilver relocated to Praia Do Diabo, which lies on the other side of Arpoador, to complete men’s Round 3.

Marco Fernandez (BRA) unleashed a series of committed turns to take the day’s highest single-wave score of a 9.33 (out of 10) and hopes he can carry the momentum from his Round 3 success into the latter rounds of competition.

“I caught a pretty good wave in that heat and made three turns with my first turn being a big vertical turn,” Fernandez said. “I’m so happy that I made it to the next round and I hope I can continue to do the same.”

Matt-Lewis Hewitt (NZL) stayed patient in his heat and carefully selected the set-waves and finished his two scoring rides with authority to secure a berth into Round 4.

“It was a super close heat and I had watched the heat before and knew the guys were getting there scores on the bigger set waves,” Hewitt said. “I knew I just needed to be patient and wait for those bigger ones and finish my waves.”

“Hewitt also enjoyed the change in venue from the left-hander of Arpoador to Praia Do Diabo and tore apart the tricky conditions on his forehand.

“I don’t really mind too much,” Hewitt said. “It’s just normal going left or right, but you can’t really complain when you get a right-hand pointbreak and it’s kind of just reeling down the point.”

Keanu Asing (HAW) has stayed patient and focused throughout the entirety of the Arnette ASP World Junior waiting period and is hoping to maintain his form from the ASP 6-Star Quiksilver Brasil Open of Surfing last week through the remainder of the ASP World Junior event.

“The waves are not ideal, but it’s rideable, it’s contestable and the contest directors are trying to do their best to put us in the best conditions available,” Asing said. “We waited awhile to surf the third round and I’m just staying patient, staying focused and not just wasting energy. The waves are similar to my home in Ewa Beach and it’s all repetition to me. Everything comes from repetition and it becomes comfortable. I surfed the 6-Star before this and I feel like I’m carrying momentum from that.”

Event organizers will reconvene tomorrow morning at Arpoador at 7am local time for a possible 7:30am start. To watch the Arnette ASP World Junior presented by Quiksilver LIVE log on to www.brasilusopenofsurfing.com

For additional ASP information log on to www.aspworldtour.com

Arnette ASP World Junior Round 3 Results:

Heat 9: Garrett Parkes (AUS) 14.93 def. Luel Felipe (BRA) 14.77

Heat 10: Cristobal De Col (PER) 12.23 def. Santiago Muniz (ARG) 10.57

Heat 11: Marco Fernandez (BRA) 15.33 def. Dane Zaun (USA) 10.00

Heat 12: Matt-Lewis Hewitt (NZL) 13.43 def. Beyrick De Vries (ZAF) 13.03

Heat 13: Italo Ferreira (BRA) 14.27 def. Conner Coffin (USA) 7.00

Heat 14: Keanu Asing (HAW) 12.30 def. Thomas Woods (AUS) 11.34

Heat 15: Caio Ibelli (BRA) 13.24 def. Hiroto Arai (JPN) 7.30

Heat 16: Ian Gouveia (BRA) 11.67 def. Evan Thompson (USA) 9.17

Source: Arnette ASP World Junior Moves to Praia Do Diabo to Complete Round 3