Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• Mai 02, 2024, 00:29:20
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: [ASP News] South Australia Set To Host Inaugural Fantastic Noodles Kangaroo Island Pro  (Gelesen 333 mal)

Jens

• Administrator

South Australia Set To Host Inaugural Fantastic Noodles Kangaroo Island Pro

COOLANGATTA, Queensland/Australia (Thursday, 3 November, 2011) - The best surfers from Australia and around the globe are heading to Kangaroo Island, South Australia for the inaugural Fantastic Noodles Kangaroo Island Pro, a 6-Star rated ASP World Tour event. This is the first time an event this size has been staged in South Australia and with pristine coastlines and world-class waves on offer, Kangaroo Island is sure to provide the perfect location for this exciting event.

The buzz around the Fantastic Noodles Kangaroo Island Pro has even forced four of Australia’s finest former World Tour surfers out of retirement to compete for the KI crown. Trent Munro (AUS), Phil MacDonald (AUS), Mark Occhilupo (AUS) and Dean Morrison (AUS) collectively have a plethora of competitive surfing experience and they are all currently on the road to Kangaroo Island and hoping to show the younger generation a thing or two.

“I think I’ve only done two e vents in the two years since I retired,” MacDonald said. “I just felt like I wanted to put a rash vest on and the Fantastic Noodles Kangaroo Island Pro is a unique opportunity to surf a place I’d never been to before. I called Trent Munro and we thought it be good to reunite and get back in the water. I haven’t been doing a lot of surfing because I’ve been working so much, but I just got some new boards and can’t wait to give them a go.”

Trent Munro (AUS) who is a multiple event winner on the elite ASP World Title Series has been absent from competitive surfing since October 2007 and is excited to add Kangaroo Island to the list of world-class waves he’s competed at on the ASP World Tour.

“I’ve competed at all the iconic events around Australia,” Munro said. “This is a new event and I though it would be a good chance to compete and have some fun. This isn’t a comeback by any means, I’ve just been surfing heaps and feeling pretty good so I thought this w ould be the perfect chance to get back in the water at a great location.”

Kolohe Andino (USA) at just 18-years-old will be one of the favourites heading into the Fantastic Noodles Kangaroo Island Pro after claiming first place at the last 2 ASP 6-Star rated ASP World Tour events and is no doubt hoping to make this event three-in-a-row.

The event will be webcast LIVE via http://www.prosurfinglive.com/live/2011/ki

Source: South Australia Set To Host Inaugural Fantastic Noodles Kangaroo Island Pro