Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• Mai 01, 2024, 17:32:37
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: [ASP News] Asing Leads at ASP 6-Star Brazil Open of Surfing, Champion Crowned Tomorrow  (Gelesen 331 mal)

Jens

• Administrator

Asing Leads at ASP 6-Star Brazil Open of Surfing, Champion Crowned Tomorrow

ARPOADOR BEACH, Rio de Janeiro / Brazil (Saturday, October 22, 2011) – Despite cloudy weather, a crowded beach was present for the ASP World 6-Star Quiksilver Brazil Open of Surfing presented by Arnette at Arpoador Beach in Rio de Janeiro with waves in the 3-5 foot range (1-1.5 meters).

The highlight of the day was provided by young Hawaiian surfer, Keanu Asing, 18, who got the event’s highest single-wave score of a 9.50 (out of a possible 10) and the highest heat-wave total of an 18.10 (out of a possible 20) in his heat against Gustavo Araujo (BRA), Bruno Galini (BRA) and Gilmar Silva (BRA).

“I’m so stoked,” said Keanu Asing. “It’s my first time to Brazil and my first time here at Arpoador. The waves are great and I’m just trying to surf those perfect left-handers the best I can. I started my heat off well and just kept getting one good wave after another. It’s far out to know that I’ve got the highest scores of the event so far.”

With his win today, Kolohe Andino (USA), 17, confirmed his presence in the Round of 12 at the Quiksilver Brazil Open of Surfing at Arpoador Beach. A semifinal result would place him into the Top 32 of the ASP World Ranking for the 2012 Dream Tour.

“I’m still young and I’m not even really worried about it,” said Kolohe Andino. “But of course, I’d love to make it onto the World Tour. I had a tough heat and I didn’t catch the best waves, but I was patient and won at the very end. I want to go as far as I can in this event, but I’m just going heat by heat without thinking about another win here in Brazil. There’s still a long way to go for that.”

Local surfer and crowd favorite, Simao Romao (BRA), is after another strong finish after winning the same ASP 6-Star event in 2008 and 2009.

“I’m definitely going after the win here,” said Simao Romao. “I never give up, I surf here every day and I think the least I can do is reach the last day of the event. I was a little nervous in the beginning, kind of indecisive of whether to surf closer to the point or more towards the beach, but I ended up catching that left that got me a 9.0”

Competition continues at 8am Sunday local time. The Quiksilver Brazil Open of Surfing presented by Arnette is brought to you by Adding Sports with the supervision of the Surfing Federation of Rio de Janeiro (FESERJ) and sponsored by Arnette, Oi, Quiksilver and the State of Rio de Janeiro through the Secretary of Sports and Leisure. The event is part of the ASP South America Circuit as ASP World 6-Star event is also supported by Oi Futuro, Oi FM, Urgh, DC, Roxy, the City of Rio de Janeiro, Arpoador Surf Club and Favela Surf Club. The event is broadcast live through www.brasilopenofsurfing.com.br and Canal Woohoo.

Source: Asing Leads at ASP 6-Star Brazil Open of Surfing, Champion Crowned Tomorrow