Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• April 28, 2024, 07:54:37
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: [ASP News] Pauline Ado Crowned 2010 ASP European Women’s Champion at Pantin  (Gelesen 1023 mal)

Jens

• Administrator

Pauline Ado Crowned 2010 ASP European Women’s Champion at Pantin

Pauline Ado, 2010 ASP European Women's Champion

PANTIN, Galicia/Spain (Saturday, August 28, 2010) – Pauline Ado (Hendaye, FRA), 18, added another title to her brilliant career today after winning the 2010 ASP European Women’s title in Pantin, Ado’s equal 5th place finish rocketing her to the top of the regional hierarchy ahead of fellow title contenders Alizee Arnaud (Hossegor, FRA) and Canelle Bulard (St Leu, REU).

Ado, who struck again with her improved solid surfing against some of the world’s best female surfers in the Cabreira Surfing Girls event at Pantin, had to wait till her closest ratings’ followers got eliminated respectively in heats two and three of the Quarterfinals to secure a second regional title this year after her ASP European Women’s Junior crown earned in Lacanau a couple of weeks ago.

“I feel really good to win this title especially after winning the junior series,” Ado said. “after I lost in the quarterfinals today I was watching Alizee (Arnaud) and Canelle (Bulard) because I knew if they got a good result they could win the crown here too. I have been coming here for a few years, won the event in the past but also remember losing the title here so I have my revenge and it feels good.”

In her first year competing full-time on the ASP Women’s Star Series and ranked No. 15 coming to Pantin, Ado had a double campaign in Spain with both the regional title and the ASP Women’s World Tour qualification on the line. The 18-year-old French representative managed both reaching the Quarterfinals in the second ASP 6-Star rated event of the summer and clinching the crown.

In good position towards her ultimate goal, the ASP Women’s World title race qualification, Ado showed again 2010 was her year in Europe, a promising finish before heading into the last quarter of the year and two ASP 6-Star events only remaining.

Despite losing to an unstoppable Courtney Conlogue (California, USA) in Quarterfinal No. 1 earlier today and having to live through a stressful wait to see Arnaud and Bulard fall after her, Ado leaves Spain relieved with added confidence under her belt and in promising form before the qualification showdown.

“I will see how this year finishes and it is going to be hard,” Ado said. “It will be hard to get on the ASP Women’s World Tour but you never know, another couple of results could make it happen. I am happy with both my fifth place finish and the regional crown today and I’ll enjoy that for now.”

Finshing runner-up on the 2010 ASP European Women’s ratings, 16-year-old Canelle Bulard showed as well she was only starting her run amongst the regional best and aiming at more. Bulard, who clinched her career best today with an equal 5th in the ASP 6-Star event at Pantin, confirmed her promising potential and will as well be focusing on a possible ASP Women’s World title race qualification in the upcoming events in Brazil and Hawaii.

Ranked No. 12 coming to Pantin, Bulard’s performance in Spain will boost her confidence and hopefully push the Reunion Island native and resident inside the coveted ASP Women’s World ranking Top 6 that rockets contenders into the prestigious women’s world title race.

Photos, videos and results of the ASP Women’s 6-Star Cabreiroa Surfing Girls are available at www.aspeurope.com

ASP EUROPEAN WOMEN’S FINAL RATINGS’ TOP 5

1 –
Pauline Ado (FRA), 2819 pts

2 – Canelle Bulard (REU), 2626 pts

3 – Joanne Defay (REU), 2538 pts

4 – Alizee Arnaud (FRA), 2328 pts

5 – Justine Dupont (FRA), 2259 pts

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/aspworldtour/~3/KBtK05G1cl8/