Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• April 28, 2024, 20:47:17
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: [ASP News] Final 16 Decided at Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong  (Gelesen 1010 mal)

Jens

• Administrator

Final 16 Decided at Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong

PANTIN, Spain (Friday, August 27, 2010) – The final 16 remaining surfers in the Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong were decided during another day of changing conditions at the main event site of Pantin. Solid 6-8ft (2m) waves jacked up overnight allowing the international field of athletes the playing field they had been waiting for at this Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) sanctioned event. Standout performances were many as the men relished in the over-head conditions. Surprisingly the swell decreased rapidly through the afternoon session of competition which saw the quarter-finalists decided in the Cabreiroa Surfing Girls.

Gony Zubizarreta (Vigo, ESP) 25, ignited with a combined two-wave heat total of 18.04 out of a possible 20 in his first up heat this morning and then backed it up with another solid heat win in Round 4 to find himself in the final 16 competitors remaining in the event. Laying down several powerful forehand turns on his last wave, Zubizarreta claimed a 9.37 the highest single wave score of the event.

“Today I started really well with 18 points in the first heat and now another good heat with a 7.5 and a 6.5 so I am pleased to get through heats here in Pantin. In my first heat the tide was lower and there was more swell so I was able to do bigger turns with more power. Now the tide is higher and the waves are smaller so I was more nervous in this last one.”

Zubizarreta explains how overnight the classic right hander of Pantin returned into action for today’s action at the Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic presented by Billabong.

“The main bank has been more in the middle of the beach lately however with the swell last night the sand has been moved closer to the cliff and the right is working. It is great to ride this wave again and I think all the guys are stoked to be out the back on the peak.”

Adam Robertson (AUS) 28, made it through to the next round with only seconds remaining behind Jay Quinn (NZL) who dominated the encounter. Needing only a modest score to advance, Robertson changed peaks in search of his needed score. Falling short on his first attempt the natural-footer paddled into a left as the final countdown began.

“I was watching the rights two heats ago and it was getting bumpy and hard to do a clean turn. I was watching the lefts and knew that if I was not getting anything on the right I would try the left. I am confident that I can always get in a couple of turns on a left. I caught that first one and it just wasn’t enough and then that last one came with only 10 seconds to go so I guess my tactics paid off for sure.”

Also having a magic opening heat this morning with two excellent scores, Robertson had to return to his hotel after arriving at the beach and seeing the size of the swell to get bigger boards for today.

“The waves this morning were so good. It was the first time I had ridden a short board in a month. I have been riding a small-wave board for so long now. It was good to get some speed and not have to work for it. You could just stand there and go so fast, it felt weird actually. (laughs)”

Richard Christie (NZL) was once again the form surfer with a commanding win along with fellow Kiwi, Billy Stairmand. Getting off to his now trademark solid start Christie waited patiently for his backup score. Sharing the last set of the heat the New Zealanders ousted Nat Young (USA) who never found his rhythm during the 25-minute clash.

“That heat went perfectly for Billy (Stairmand) and me. Our other friend Jay (Quinn) made it through so we were pumped to get out there. All three of us are through so we couldn’t be happier.”

“I got that good ride at the start and that is what I’ve been trying to do in all my heats, to get that first one. Then I knew I only had to beat a 5 point ride so I waited and I got a 6.7 and then Billy caught the next wave which was a lot better so it worked out perfectly for us.”

Courtney Conlogue (USA) showed her consistency advancing along with Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) who competed with a cut foot suffered in practice early this morning. Conlogue gave no chance to her opponents with an opening ride of 8.5 to gain control of the heat.

“When you start your heat with an 8.5 you are definitely stoked getting it going like that and then you just need a backup score and then start replacing those scores. I went out there trying to get the exchanges before the tide came up too much so you just have to go out and try and accomplish those things.”

On her first visit to Pantin Conlogue talks about how the changing conditions not only here but at other European events has affected her approach to competing.

“It is hard trying to adapt to the conditions here on the European tour. The tides can play a big part in how the waves can break. One minute it is breaking out the back and then the peak shifts so you have to be on your toes.”

Alizee Arnaud (FRA) kept her European Open Title hopes alive to advance into the quarter-finals of the Cabreiroa Surfing Girls along with current European Women’s Series leader Pauline Ado (FRA). Waiting patiently for the waves to arrive Arnaud built on her scores to eventually finish off with an excellent 9.33 out of a possible 10.

“I was waiting on the inside and in the first 10 minutes I didn’t catch any waves then I started with a 6.8 and in the end I got that 9.33 so I was really happy and relaxed.”

“I wanted to be European Junior champion this year,” explained Arnaud. “I was not thinking about the Open tile. Now my main goal is the World Junior Championships but if I am European champ I will be over the moon.”

First call tomorrow will be at 09:00 (local time) for the Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong and the Cabreiroa Surfing Girls.

For all results, videos, daily highlights, photos and news log-on to www.aspeurope.com

CABREIROA SURFING GIRLS QUARTER-FINAL MATCHUPS

QF 1:
Courtney Conlogue (USA) Vs Pauline Ado (FRA)

QF 2: Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) Vs Alizee Arnaud (FRA)

QF 3: Tyler Wright (AUS) Vs Cannelle Bulard (REU)

QF 4: Laura Enever (AUS) Vs Paige Hareb (NZL)  

Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic presented by Billabong Round 5 Matchups

Heat 1:
Jay Quinn (NZL) Vs Nathaniel Curran (USA)

Heat 2: Adam Robertson (AUS) Vs Sebastien Zietz (HAW)

Heat 3: Richard Christie (NZL) Vs Pedro Henrique (BRA)

Heat 4: Billy Stairmand (NZL) Vs Yadin Nicol (AUS)

Heat 5: Gony Zubizarreta (ESP) Vs Bernardo Miranda (BRA)

Heat 6: Tim Boal (FRA) Vs Royden Bryson (ZAF)

Heat 7: Heitor Alves (BRA) Vs Dion Atkinson (AUS)

Heat 8: Maxime Huscenot (FRA) Vs Pablo Paulino (BRA)

CABREIROA SURFING GIRLS ROUND 3 RESULTS

Heat 1:
Courtney Conlogue (USA) 16.27, Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) 12.77, Nikita Robb (ZAF) 9.27

Heat 2: Alizee Arnaud (FRA) 16.16, Pauline Ado (FRA) 14.06, Ornella Pellizzari (ARG) 10.93

Heat 3: Tyler Wright (AUS) 14.00, Laura Enever (AUS) 11.00, Freya Prumm (AUS) 5.66

Heat 4: Paige Hareb (NZL) 15.34, Cannelle Bulard (REU) 9.23, Joanne Defay (FRA) 6.80

Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic presented by Billabong Round4 Results

Heat 1:
Jay Quinn (NZL) 12.04, Adam Robertson (AUS) 10.00, Romain Cloitre (FRA) 9.44

Heat 2: Sebastien Zietz (HAW) 14.87, Nathaniel Curran (USA) 13.04, Rudy Palmboom (ZAF) 8.73

Heat 3: Richard Christie (NZL) 14.94, Billy Stairmand (NZL) 14.84, Nat Young (USA) 7.50

Heat 4: Yadin Nicol (AUS) 13.33, Pedro Henrique (BRA) 12.00, Rhys Bombaci (AUS) 9.00

Heat 5: Gony Zubizarreta (ESP) 14.00, Tim Boal (FRA) 8.60, Jeronimo Vargas (BRA) 4.29

Heat 6: Royden Bryson (ZAF) 13.33, Bernardo Miranda (BRA) 11.00, William Cardoso (BRA) 9.00

Heat 7: Heitor Alves (BRA) 15.90, Maxime Huscenot (FRA) 12.70, Indar Perez (EUK) 4.94

Heat 8: Pablo Paulino (BRA) 14.30, Dion Atkinson (AUS) 14.16, Marc Lacomare (FRA) 9.50

Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic presented by Billabong Round 3 Results

Heat 1:
Adam Robertson (AUS) 15.84, Nathaniel Curran (USA) 13.66, Julian Wilson (AUS) 11.67, Wiggolly Dantas (BRA) 8.24

Heat 2: Romain Cloitre (FRA) 11.77, Sebastien Zietz (HAW) 10.16, Odirlei Coutinho (BRA) 9.60, Jayke Sharp (AUS) 9.20

Heat 3: Rudy Palmboom (ZAF) 13.33, Jay Quinn (NZL) 11.87, Cory Lopez (USA) 9.93, Gabe Kling (USA) 8.06

Heat 4: Billy Stairmand (NZL) 13.83, Yadin Nicol (AUS) 11.77, Mickey Picon (FRA) 11.46, Pablo Gutierrez (ESP) 8.40

Heat 5: Nat Young (USA) 11.33, Rhys Bombaci (AUS) 10.16, Gustavo Fernandes (BRA) 8.77, Raoni Monteiro (BRA) 8.67

Heat 6: Pedro Henrique (BRA) 14.93, Richard Christie (NZL) 14.26, Mitch Coleborn (AUS) 13.27, Hodei Collazo (EUK) 10.70

Heat 7: Tim Boal (FRA) 15.47, Bernardo Miranda (BRA) 13.33, Alejo Muniz (BRA) 12.00, Messias Felix (BRA) 10.47

Heat 8: Gony Zubizarreta (ESP) 18.04, Royden Bryson (ZAF) 14.60, Rodrigo Dornelles (BRA) 13.40, Nathan Hedge (AUS) 12.34

Heat 9: William Cardoso (BRA) 15.43, Jeronimo Vargas (BRA) 10.67, Shaun Cansdell (AUS) 7.50, Austin Ware (USA) 5.25

Heat 10: Maxime Huscenot (FRA) 10.67, Marc Lacomare (FRA) 9.56, Granger Larsen (HAW) 8.73, Marlon Lipke (DEU) 1.60

Heat 11: Indar Perez (EUK) 13.53, Pablo Paulino (BRA) 12.50, Kai Barger (HAW) 12.07, Nic Muscroft (AUS) 9.53

Heat 12: Dion Atkinson (AUS) 12.57, Heitor Alves (BRA) 9.47, Dyyan Neve (AUS) 7.77, Casey Brown (HAW) 5.17

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/aspworldtour/~3/tunh331zhUU/