Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• April 28, 2024, 00:35:19
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: [ASP News] Round 2 Completed at Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong  (Gelesen 1167 mal)

Jens

• Administrator

Round 2 Completed at Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong

PANTIN, Spain (Thursday, August 26, 2010) – Round Two of the Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong was completed today with gale force off-shore winds battering the line-up making for tricky conditions for the entire international field of athletes. After yesterday’s sweltering heat it was the wind that played havoc at the main event site. Late this afternoon Round Two of the Cabreiroa Surfing Girls was also completed during another marathon day of competition.

There were clean 3-4ft (1m) waves on offer throughout the day however with the strong winds and the huge low tide during the middle of the day conditions played a major role in the competitor’s game plan when entering the water.  

Rodrigo Dornelles (BRA) came home on the final siren to jump from third to first in his 25-minute clash and claim the highest single wave score of the day, an 8.90 out of a possible 10. Needing a solid score to advance Dornelles paddled into a long right-hander pulling off a series of powerful turns to easily advance to the next round.

“I was watching all the guys surfing in the beginning and I was trying to get a wave. I caught a good left and then I got that last one so I was very lucky today. I knew I needed a very good score and so I tried to give my best on that wave and it paid off. My boards are going really well at the moment so that was a help for me.”

Rhys Bombaci (AUS) obtained one of the highest combined heat totals of 16.17 with two excellent scoring rides in his mid-morning low tide heat. Having made it through his previous first round heat Bombaci is getting a feel for the event and wants to keep his momentum going.

“Before going out it was windy and getting a bit smaller so I knew I had to pick the best ones and that’s what I did with one good left and one good right. There is the odd set coming through and with the tide so low at the moment you just had to be in the right spot to get through. Round of 96 is always the hardest to try and get your campaign going so it is good to get a couple of heats under my belt already.”

Nat Young (USA) survived the toughest heat of the round where only 0.5 points separated the four surfers. Finishing behind heat winner Pedro Henrique (BRA) Young knew that despite getting off to a flying start he would have to work hard to hold his opponents off.

“Right at the beginning I got a 7 and most guys are making heats with a 12 point total so I was really stoked when I got that but then everyone else got 7s and 8s so I had to start all over again but I got a backup so that helped.”

Pleased to advance after his first round loss last week Young explains his feelings.

“I lost in the first heat in the last event so I just want to do really well in this one and the next one to get on a roll so this is a good start for me.”

Gony Zubizarreta (ESP) who finished equal 3rd in last year’s edition advanced behind an inform Alejo Muniz (BRA). Surfing in his local area in front of the supportive crowd watching the action unfold, Zubizarreta used his local knowledge of the Pantin peak to break away from his nearest rivals.  

“I feel good here in Pantin and I got a third last year here and the local people support me here and I feel really comfortable because I have surfed this comp many times over the years and sometime the pressure can hurt you but if you can deal with it your surfing can be better.”

“I was lucky I found a good right at the beginning and then a little left. Alejo (Muniz) was surfing very good and the others couldn’t find any rhythm and were a little bit lost on the peak so I was definitely lucky so I am very happy to get through that heat and looking forward to tomorrow.”

Romain Cloitre (FRA) placed first in his early morning heat when the strong off-shore was at its strongest. With consistent results through the season Cloitre is looking for a bigger result here at the Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong.

“I’m stoked to get through that heat because there are so many good surfers here that all the heats are tough and today with the wind it is difficult so I am happy for sure.”

“My year so far has not really been too good,” explained Cloitre. “I have had some results but nothing big yet so I am just going to keep trying and do my best and look for that big result.”

All athletes are in search of valuable points for the ASP World Rankings. The Cabreiroa Surfing Girls is the final stop of the ASP European Women’s Series and will eventually crown this year’s ASP European Women’s Champion while for the men it is stop number 7 of 12 for the ASP European Men’s Series.

First call tomorrow Day 4 will be at 08:30 local time for Round Three of the Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong and the Cabreiroa Surfing Girls.

For all results, videos, daily highlights, photos and news log-on to www.aspeurope.com

Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic presented by Billabong Round 3 Match-ups

Heat 1:
Wiggolly Dantas (BRA), Julian Wilson (AUS), Adam Robertson (AUS), Nathaniel Curran (USA)

Heat 2: Odirlei Coutinho (BRA), Jayke Sharp (AUS), Sebastien Zietz (HAW), Romain Cloitre (FRA)

Heat 3: Gabe Kling (USA), Jay Quinn (NZL), Rudy Palmboom (ZAF), Cory Lopez (USA)

Heat 4: Pablo Gutierrez (ESP), Mickey Picon (FRA), Yadin Nicol (AUS), Billy Stairmand (NZL)

Heat 5: Gustavo Fernandes (BRA), Rhys Bombaci (AUS), Nat Young (USA), Raoni Monteiro (BRA)

Heat 6: Mitch Coleborn (AUS), Hodei Collazo (EUK), Pedro Henrique (BRA), Richard Christie (NZL)

Heat 7: Alejo Muniz (BRA), Tim Boal (FRA), Messias Felix (BRA), Bernardo Miranda (BRA)

Heat 8: Gony Zubizarreta (ESP), Nathan Hedge (AUS), Rodrigo Dornelles (BRA), Royden Bryson (ZAF)

Heat 9: William Cardoso (BRA), Shaun Cansdell (AUS), Austin Ware (USA), Jeronimo Vargas (BRA)

Heat 10: Marlon Lipke (DEU), Marc Lacomare (FRA), Maxime Huscenot (FRA), Granger Larsen (HAW)

Heat 11: Nic Muscroft (AUS), Pablo Paulino (BRA), Kai Barger (HAW), Indar Perez (EUK)

Heat 12: Casey Brown (HAW), Dion Atkinson (AUS), Dyyan Neve (AUS), Heitor Alves (BRA)

CABREIROA SURFING GIRLS UPCOMING ROUND 3 MATCHUPS

Heat 1:
Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS), Courtney Conlogue (USA), Nikita Robb (ZAF)

Heat 2: Pauline Ado (FRA), Alizee Arnaud (FRA), Ornella Pellizzari (ARG)

Heat 3: Laura Enever (AUS), Tyler Wright (AUS), Freya Prumm (AUS)

Heat 4: Paige Hareb (NZL), Cannelle Bulard (REU), Joanne Defay (FRA)

Ferrolterra Movistar Pantin Classic Presented by Billabong Round 2 Results

Heat 1:
Wiggolly Dantas (BRA) 13.50, Odirlei Coutinho (BRA) 11.84, Kevin Sullivan (HAW) 9.93, Marcos San Segundo (EUK) 8.03

Heat 2: Julian Wilson (AUS) 11.46, Jayke Sharp (AUS) 10.60, Klee Strachan (ZAF) 8.23, Ricardo Santos (BRA) 4.90

Heat 3: Sebastien Zietz (HAW) 13.33, Adam Robertson (AUS) 9.90, David Weare (ZAF) 9.67, Chad Du Toit (ZAF) 7.30

Heat 4: Romain Cloitre (FRA) 13.67, Nathaniel Curran (USA) 13.17, Joao Guedes (PRT) 8.93, Chase Wilson (USA) 7.90

Heat 5: Gabe Kling (USA) 14.50, Pablo Gutierrez (ESP) 13.60, Junior Faria (BRA) 8.75, Cory Ziems (AUS) 7.32

Heat 6: Jay Quinn (NZL) 13.20, Mickey Picon (FRA) 11.83, Glen Hall (IRL) 10.84, Alex Ribeiro (BRA) 6.90

Heat 7: Yadin Nicol (AUS) 12.23, Rudy Palmboom (ZAF) 11.50, Tiago Camarao (BRA) 9.13, Brent Dorrington (AUS) 8.76

Heat 8: Billy Stairmand (NZL) 12.23, Cory Lopez (USA) 11.67, Alain Riou (PYF) 9.53, Blake Jones (USA) 8.07

Heat 9: Gustavo Fernandes (BRA) 14.00, Mitch Coleborn (AUS) 11.00, Jorge Spanner (BRA) 10.70, Aritz Aranburu (EUK) 9.62

Heat 10: Rhys Bombaci (AUS) 16.17, Hodei Collazo (EUK) 14.37, Gabriel Medina (BRA) 12.27, Romain Laulhe (FRA) 7.77

Heat 11: Pedro Henrique (BRA) 13.67, Nat Young (USA) 13.44, Nic von Rupp (DEU) 13.34, Jean Da Silva (BRA) 13.10

Heat 12: Richard Christie (NZL) 13.26, Raoni Monteiro (BRA) 12.53, Diego Rosa (BRA) 10.33, Michael February (ZAF) 7.97

Heat 13: Alejo Muniz (BRA) 15.53, Gony Zubizarreta (ESP) 14.33, Jonathan Gonzalez (CNY) 8.80, Brendon Gibbens (ZAF) 8.14

Heat 14: Tim Boal (FRA) 12.00, Nathan Hedge (AUS) 11.80, Leonardo Neves (BRA) 11.50, Parrish Byrne (AUS) 7.40

Heat 15: Rodrigo Dornelles (BRA) 16.33, Messias Felix (BRA) 16.03, Alan Stokes (GBR) 15.10, Hugo Savalli (REU) 11.60

Heat 16: Royden Bryson (ZAF) 12.17, Bernardo Miranda (BRA) 11.87, Sunny Garcia (HAW) 10.66, Ricky Basnett (ZAF) 8.73

Heat 17: William Cardoso (BRA) 15.10, Marlon Lipke (DEU) 13.97, Brandon Jackson (ZAF) 13.27, Brian Toth (PRI) 8.07

Heat 18: Shaun Cansdell (AUS) 13.14, Marc Lacomare (FRA) 10.73, Jano Belo (BRA) 10.34, Jack Perry (AUS) 10.17

Heat 19: Maxime Huscenot (FRA) 13.93, Austin Ware (USA) 12.80, Tomas Hermes (BRA) 12.60, Lincoln Taylor (AUS) 10.80

Heat 20: Granger Larsen (HAW) 12.17, Jeronimo Vargas (BRA) 10.93, Adrien Toyon (REU) 10.17, Eduardo Fernandes (PRT) 9.66

Heat 21: Nic Muscroft (AUS) 14.10, Casey Brown (HAW) 9.96, Dege O’Connell (HAW) 8.66, Yuri Sodre (BRA) 5.87

Heat 22: Pablo Paulino (BRA) 13.67, Dion Atkinson (AUS) 12.57, Bruno Rodrigues (BRA) 9.30, Paulo Moura (BRA) 9.20

Heat 23: Dyyan Neve (AUS) 13.50, Kai Barger (HAW) 12.30, Marco Giorgi (URY) 8.36, Dylan Southworth (MEX) 8.20

Heat 24: Heitor Alves (BRA) 12.50, Indar Perez (EUK) 12.13, Tom Curren (USA) 11.83, Brad Ettinger (USA) 8.07

CABREIROA SURFING GIRLS ROUND 2 RESULTS

Heat 4: Laura Enever (AUS) 14.34, Paige Hareb (NZL) 12.94, Sage Erickson (USA) 8.07, Rosanne Hodge (ZAF) 7.06

Heat 5: Tyler Wright (AUS) 15.33, Cannelle Bulard (REU) 14.60, Sophia Mulanovich (PER) 12.93, Justine Dupont (FRA) 11.50

Heat 6: Joanne Defay (FRA) 11.17, Freya Prumm (AUS) 10.17, Bruna Schmitz (BRA) 8.37, Claudia Goncalves (BRA) 5.23

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/aspworldtour/~3/jEK40rdDubo/