Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• April 28, 2024, 17:35:02
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: [ASP News] Rodrigo Sphaier and Jefson Silva Qualify for 2010 ASP World Longboard Tour  (Gelesen 1335 mal)

Jens

• Administrator

Rodrigo Sphaier and Jefson Silva Qualify for 2010 ASP World Longboard Tour

IPOJUCA, Pernambuco/Brazil (Saturday, August 21, 2010) – The ASP 3-Star Pena Pernambuco International Longboard Classic kicked off Round 2 and 3 this Saturday. It was raining but the waves were pumping at Maracaipe Bay, with better conditions, the Longboarders also improved their performances and the show was made for the enthusiast crowd who were to attend this great event.

This Saturday was particularly good for Rodrigo Sphaier, 27, and Jefson Silva, 23, who managed to qualify for the World Title run in 2011, the ASP World Longboard Tour (WLT). Sphaier also celebrated the South American Longboard Series 2010 title early on when advanced to the quarter finals.

Out of the eight man qualified for tomorrow’s final day, nobody was happier than Rio de Janeiro’s Rodrigo Sphaier. He had won the first stop of this year’s tour at Peru, got third place in Bahia and has became the new South American Longboard Champion by making it to the quarter finals at the Pena Bahia International Longboard Classic.

“I was creakingly anxious waiting for the official announcement, and now I’m really happy. This South American title will pull off my professional career. It was a mission accomplished and a dream for me to go to the World Tour”, said Rodrigo Sphaier. “I’m also glad for Jefson Silva, who is very deserving of everything that is happening to him”.

After Jefson Silva’s win over Alexsandro Abolição, he was officially announced he was qualified for the ASP World Longboard Tour. “I’m so happy. This has been my goal since I started competing in the Longboard division. “Now that I achieved my dream, I want to represent my country well in the World Tour. I love this sport, and I’m already anxious to start competing in the WLT”, said Jefson.

Jefson will face nothing less than the 2007 World Champion, Phil Rajzman on the quarter finals opening heat to start on Sunday 8 am. Phil Rajzman set one of the day’s highlights, an 8.93 and is very confident for the match against Jefson Silva tomorrow.

The Maracaipe fans went totally nuts when local talent Halley Batista defeated the current South American Longboard Champion Andre Luiz Deca, who have won this contest last year.

“It was an unexpected win, beating the current Continental Champion was great”, said Halley Batista. “I was cool; feeling no pressure at all during the heat, all I wanted to do was to show my best surfing on Longboards, and I did. I’m stoked to be in the final day among all the big names that came to compete here in my home break”, cheered Halley, who is a surfer from the Shortboard division’s elite in Brazil.

Check the event live webcast at www.aspsouthamerica.com.br

QUARTER FINALS IN SUNDAY: 8 hours in Brazil:

QF 1: Phil Rajzman (BRA) vs. Jefson Silva (BRA)

QF 2: Jaime Viudes (BRA) vs. Jeremias da Silva (BRA)

QF 3: Carlos Bahia (BRA) vs. Halley Batista (BRA)

QF 4: Rodrigo Sphaier (BRA) vs. Roger Barros (BRA)

ROUND OF 16 – 9th place – US$ 400 and 500 points:

Heat 1: Phil Rajzman (BRA) 14.13 def. 10.00 Jonas Lima (BRA)

Heat 2: Jefson Silva (BRA) 9.80 def. 8.33 Alexsandro Abolicao (BRA)

Heat 3: Jeremias da Silva (BRA) 7.77 def. 7.60 Jeferson da Silva (BRA)

Heat 4: Jaime Viudes (BRA) 10.80 def. 6.27 Reginaldo Nascimento (BRA)

Heat 5: Carlos Bahia (BRA) 16.44 def. 9.16 Leco Salazar (BRA)

Heat 6: Halley Batista (BRA) 12.57 def. 9.84 Andre Luiz Deca (BRA)

Heat 7: Rodrigo Sphaier (BRA) 11.07 def. 9.27 Daniel Farias (BRA)

Heat 8: Roger Barros (BRA) def. Picuruta Salazar (BRA)

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/aspworldtour/~3/eVBKcJJ6XAk/