Wellenreiten in Deutschland - Nordsurf Syndikat Forum

• Mai 19, 2024, 19:50:41
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Das Nordsurf Syndikat ist am Start

Autor Thema: Rip Curl Bells Beach Pro 2010  (Gelesen 4890 mal)

Börni

• Börni "Moses"
  • Global Moderator
  • If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready.
    • Nordsurf-Syndikat
Rip Curl Bells Beach Pro 2010
« am: März 21, 2010, 21:18:07 »

Hier ein schönes nicht professionelles Video in HD 720! Wäre riesig, wenn der Contest dieses Jahr solche Wellen erwischt.

AIAHHHHHIHAHHHH!!!! ;D ;D ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ozl-ud1zTo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ozl-ud1zTo</a>

Jens

• Administrator
Re: Rip Curl Bells Beach Pro 2010
« Antwort #1 am: März 22, 2010, 18:43:35 »

Ich fand ja letztes Jahr die Runden in Winkipop ganz gut

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #2 am: März 22, 2010, 18:44:03 »

Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach pres. by Snickers
Stop No. 2 of 10 on the 2010 ASP World Tour
Rip Curl Women’s Pro Bells Beach pres. by Ford Fiesta
Stop No. 2 of 9 on the 2010 ASP Women’s World Tour
Bells Beach, Torquay, Victoria, Australia
March 30 – April 10, 2010

Fanning, Burrow and Irons Steel Themselves for Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach

Pictured: Mick Fanning (AUS), 28, reigning two-time ASP World Champion, will look to kickstart his 2010 ASP World Tour campaign at the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by Snickers.

Credit: © ASP / CESTARI

BELLS BEACH, Victoria/Australia (Thursday, March 18, 2010) – The Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by Snickers is preparing for the greatest assemblage of surfing talent in history to descend upon the tiny Victorian hamlet of Torquay, as the world’s best surfers look to lay waste to the pristine righthanders of the region.

Event No. 2 of 10 on the 2010 ASP World Tour, the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach is the highly-anticipated follows up to an exciting season opener, and with 15 ASP World Titles represented amongst the ASP Top 45, this year’s event promises to be a showdown for the ages, running from March 30 through April 10, 2010.

Mick Fanning (AUS), 28, reigning two-time ASP World Champion, is the running favourite this season following a sensational assault on the back half of 2009. However, after an uncharacteristic Equal 9th place finish at the opening event of the season on the Gold Coast, the Australian natural-footer will look to rebound at the upcoming Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach.

“It was a disappointing start because I expect a lot of myself on the Gold Coast,” Fanning said. “I was happy with the way I was surfing. I just had a heat where I failed to lock in a solid second score. I felt really strong going into the first event but sometimes that's not enough. Every year, the standard of surfing on tour gets better. I got beaten by Kai Otton, one of the most solid competitors there is, so there's no shame in that. Now I've got to now focus at getting back on track at Bells.”

A former event winner at Bells Beach (as a wildcard in 2001), and now a two-time ASP World Champion, Fanning understands that expectations upon him are different in 2010, but with over a decade of competitive experience at the venue under his belt, the 28-year-old will be looking to consolidate amidst familiar surroundings.

“There's definitely more pressure mainly because of the media focus and expectations people have but I've been in this position before and I feel like I'm now better equipped mentally to deal with those pressures now,” Fanning said. “I've been going to Bells and competing there since I was 16-years old. I'm really comfortable with the wave and I feel my surfing suits the spot. Hopefully we get some solid clean swells.”

Before Fanning can lay claim to this season’s Rip Curl “Bell”, he’ll have to contend with the greatest assemblage of surfing talent in the history of the sport.

“There are a number of guys on tour that have a style that really suits Bells,” Fanning said. “None more so than former winners Kelly Slater and Joel Parkinson. If I had to throw another name out it would be Jordy Smith – he's lethal on a righthand pointbreak and coming off a second place finish in the first event, I got a feeling he'll be one to watch.”

Taj Burrow (AUS), 31, current ASP World No. 1 and former winner at the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach (2007), has been in unstoppable form since December, claiming three victories in three attempts at Pipeline, Burleigh Heads and Snapper Rocks.

“I haven’t actually changed my approach that much at all,” Burrow said. “The training I’ve been doing hasn’t changed one bit. I’m just feeling really confident at the moment and not putting too much pressure on myself. I always do my best when I’m actually excited to surf a heat, so I’ve just been trying to replicate how I feel when I go free surfing.”

Burrow’s newfound consistency has several pundits alluring to the possibility of a maiden ASP World Title clinching, but the progressive icon is cautious when considering 2010’s outcome.

“It’s too early in the year for pressure,” Burrow said. “The first few events are always about getting into competing again and finding some momentum. I’m not feeling any pressure at all. Bells is a hard wave to surf at times - it changes a lot with the tide. You could be surfing six foot bowl or three foot Rincon on the same day. I’ve always really liked surfing Bells – it is a wave with a lot of open face to play around with and the atmosphere with the crowd is unbelievable. Ringing the Bell in 2007 was something I had always wanted to do.”

Andy Irons (HAW), 31, former three-time ASP World Champion, has returned to full-time competition following a sabbatical in 2009. Finishing Equal 17th on the Gold Coast, the ferocious Hawaiian has gotten a taste for the new blood on tour and is prepared to do battle at Bells Beach.

“The surfing has really progressed,” Irons said. “The new generation of kids on tour surf amazing. I’m stoked to be back in with the mix that's for sure.”

A former back-to-back winner at the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach (2002, 2003), Irons re-defined progressive surfing at the famed break earlier in the decade, and will look to invoke a return to form in 2010.

“I’m working on getting my boards dialed,” Irons said. “I ordered a couple of Simon Andersons and his boards have done well with me at Bells in the previous years. I have won at Johanna and at Bells Bowl before – they are both really fun powerful waves. The bowl at low tide is super rippable. Hopefully we have good swell. I'm really looking forward to surfing the event.”

The Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach pres. By Snickers will be webcast LIVE via www.live.ripcurl.com

The Rip Curl Women’s Pro Bells Beach presented by Ford Fiesta, featuring the ASP Top 17, will run in conjunction with the Rip Curl Pro from March 30 through April 5, 2010.

For more information, log onto www.aspworldtour.com

ASP WORLD TOUR TOP 5 (Heading Into Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach):

1 – Taj Burrow (AUS) 10000 pts

2 – Jordy Smith (ZAF) 8000 pts

3 – Bobby Martinez (USA) 6500 pts

3 – Dane Reynolds (USA) 6500 pts

5 – Joel Parkinson (AUS) 5250 pts

5 – Bede Durbidge (AUS) 5250 pts

5 – Adriano de Souza (BRA) 5250 pts

5 – Kai Otton (AUS) 5250 pts

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #3 am: März 25, 2010, 08:58:30 »

Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach pres. by SNICKERS

Pictured: Joel Parkinson (AUS), 28, 2009 ASP World Runner-Up and defending Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach winner, will look to jumpstart his 2010 campaign at the upcoming Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS.

Credit: © ASP / SCHOLTZ

BELLS BEACH, Victoria/Australia (Thursday, March 25, 2010) – With less than a week remaining until the commencement of the waiting period for the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS, the greatest assemblage of surfing talent in history has congregated amidst Victoria’s iconic righthanders for the second stop on the 2010 ASP World Tour.

Running from March 30 through April 10, 2010, the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach culminates the Australian leg of the 2010 ASP Dream Tour, and the best surfers on the planet are primed for battle.

Joel Parkinson (AUS), 28, 2009 ASP World Runner-Up, was one of the form surfers at the opening event of the season, before going down to a rampaging Dane Reynolds (USA), 24, in the Quarterfinals. However, Parkinson’s Equal 5th place finish to open up 2010 puts the talented natural-footer in an excellent position to make a run at an inaugural ASP World Title.

"I was actually really happy with the way I surfed at Snapper," Parkinson said. "I just had the misfortune of walking into Dane (Reynolds) in that heat. The one thing I really worked on last year was consistency and not having bad heats. I lost at Snapper, but I didn’t have a bad heat. That averages out in your favour over the course of a whole season, you’ll win more of those heats than you’ll lose."

Defending Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach winner, Parkinson’s rapport with the roping righthanders is near unrivaled amongst his peers and over a decade of experience at the break will serve him well against the ASP Top 45.

"Having a good run here last year doesn’t count for much this year." Parkinson said. "That said, I never really feel too much pressure paddling out at Bells, it’s one of those places that’s always felt like a home away from home. It's the kind of wave that takes you a few years to get your head around. It’s a wave I’ve surfed since I was 14 and a wave I love to surf it. I haven’t been near a wetsuit in months, and I actually enjoy getting down there and paddling out in a steamer. It’s such a contrasting surfing experience to being at home, and that’s what I love about it."

Despite Parkinson’s comfort level at the venue, the Australian powerhouse is quick to recognize Bells’ ability to shake things up amongst the world’s best surfers.

"I think anyone who's won before out there will be the favourites for sure," Parkinson said. "There are a lot of multiple winners when you look at that trophy. But in saying that, the event always throws up a surprise contender, and at Bells, it’s often the guy you least expect - look at Robbo (Adam Robertson) last year. He was a wildcard, but he was a guy who knew that wave intimately and he made the Final as a result."

Parkinson will face compatriot Chris Davidson (AUS), 33, and one of the wildcards in Round 1 of the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach.

Kelly Slater (USA), 38, former nine-time ASP World Champion, posted some of the highest-scoring waves in the opening event of the year, but was halted in the Quarterfinals, finishing Equal 9th.

“It wasn’t the result I'd love to start with based on how I started the event,” Slater said. “I was tentative on my buckled board against Jordy (Smith) and you just can't make those choices in those situations. I'm feeling pretty good overall with my surfing, though I struggle with focus sometimes when I see friends off tour getting such good waves!”

With nearly twenty years of experience at the region’s historic waves, the iconic Floridian knows the venue inside and out.

“I feel best when there are good low tide bowl waves,” Slater said. “The wave is generally flat and you have to pick the right ones. You have to be patient on it as well and not try to over-surf and save your legs for the end section.”

Slater will take on Mick Campbell (AUS), 35, and Marco Polo (BRA), 28, in the opening round of competition.

Jordy Smith (ZAF), 22, current ASP World No. 2, has long been heralded as the future of the sport. Although results haven’t necessarily correlated with potential thus far, Smith’s Runner-Up finish at the opening event of the year put the remainder of the ASP Top 45 on notice.

“My biggest change this season is me just being me,” Smith said. “In years previous, I was too concerned about what other people were thinking and not how I felt. My surfing hasn't changed much; I’m just more comfortable with all aspects of my surfing now. I’m very comfortable at this level but it’s all about timing. It would be good to have Top 5 finish at the end of the year. I’m not trying to get ahead of myself though.”

Finishing Equal 3rd at last season’s event, the well-built South African is comfortable with Bells’ ample canvases and looks forward to slicing up some massive maneuvers.

“Bells is a wave that suits bigger guys because we can draw out our turns a bit better,” Smith said. “It gives you the opportunity to think more about your turns and offers a bigger range of variety.”

Smith will battle Patrick Gudauskas (USA), 24, and Jay Thompson (AUS), 27, when the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach commences.

The Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach pres. by SNICKERS will be webcast LIVE via www.live.ripcurl.com

The Rip Curl Women’s Pro Bells Beach presented by Ford Fiesta, featuring the ASP Top 17, will run in conjunction with the Rip Curl Pro from March 30 through April 5, 2010.

OFFICIAL RIP CURL PRO PRESS LAUNCH

WHEN: 12pm – 1:30pm Monday, March 29, 2010
WHERE: On-Site at Bells Beach
WHO: Mick Fanning, Steph Gilmore, Taj Burrow, Joel Parkinson, Silvana Lima, Andy Irons and Owen Wright

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH ROUND 1 MATCH-UPS:

Heat 1: Dane Reynolds (USA), Andy Irons (HAW), Nate Yeomans (USA)

Heat 2: Damien Hobgood (USA), Luke Stedman (AUS), Matt Wilkinson (AUS)

Heat 3: Bobby Martinez (USA), Jeremy Flores (FRA), Tanner Gudauskas (USA)

Heat 4: C.J. Hobgood (USA), Tiago Pires (PRT), Travis Logie (ZAF)

Heat 5: Kelly Slater (USA), Mick Campbell (AUS), Marco Polo (BRA)

Heat 6: Adriano de Souza (BRA), Kekoa Bacalso (HAW), Blake Thornton (AUS)

Heat 7: Taj Burrow (AUS), Daniel Ross (AUS), Neco Padaratz (BRA)

Heat 8: Mick Fanning (AUS), Kai Otton (AUS), TBA

Heat 9: Joel Parkinson (AUS), Chris Davidson (AUS), TBA

Heat 10: Bede Durbidge (AUS), Adrian Buchan (AUS), TBA

Heat 11: Jordy Smith (ZAF), Patrick Gudauskas (USA), Jay Thompson (AUS)

Heat 12: Taylor Knox (USA), Michel Bourez (PYF), Adam Melling (AUS)

Heat 13: Tom Whitaker (AUS), Jadson Andre (BRA), Brett Simpson (AUS)

Heat 14: Kieren Perrow (AUS), Ben Dunn (AUS), Dusty Payne (HAW)

Heat 15: Fredrick Patacchia (HAW), Owen Wright (AUS), Drew Courtney (AUS)

Heat 16: Dean Morrison (AUS), Luke Munro (AUS), Roy Powers (HAW)

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #4 am: März 30, 2010, 13:55:01 »

Hedges Lays Down Gauntlet on Opening Day Rip Curl Women’s Pro Bells Beach

Pictured: Chelsea Hedges (AUS), 26, former ASP Women’s World Champion (2005), proved the form surfer on Day 1 of the Rip Curl Women’s Pro presented by Ford Fiesta.

BELLS BEACH, Victoria/Australia (Tuesday, March 30, 2010) – The opening two rounds of the Rip Curl Women’s Pro presented by Ford Fiesta were completed today in punchy two-to-three foot (1 metre) waves breaking through the “Rincon” section of the point at Bells Beach.

The second stop on the 2010 ASP Women’s World Tour, the Rip Curl Women’s Pro Bells Beach plays a vital role in surfers setting their respective seasons up as they track down requalification points and the all-important ASP Women’s World Title.

Chelsea Hedges (AUS), 26, former ASP Women’s World Champion (2005), was the form surfer of the day, lighting up the lumpy afternoon righthanders with precision and speed on her backhand, collecting the day’s high heat total of a 17.20 out of a possible 20.

“It was good fun,” Hedges said. “Rincon when the tide comes off a bit it can be pretty fun, backside you can hook it a bit more. I just watched Silvana’s heat before and she helped me out you know - she surfed so fast, so it was good to watch her before I went out.”

After taking a sabbatical from full-time competition in 2008, Hedges has steadily re-built her position as one of the best female surfers in the world. Coming off a big win at the ASP 6-Star event in Western Australia last week, the momentum is soundly behind the powerful goofy-footer.

“I haven’t won a contest for a while so that winning last week got me pumped up,” Hedges said. “I got that feeling back again. So coming up to Bells, it was a perfect start. I’m taking each heat as it comes and trying to build momentum throughout the contest.”

Hedges will face Rosanne Hodge (ZAF), 22, in Round 3 when competition resumes.

Silvana Lima (BRA), 25, 2009 ASP Women’s World Runner-Up, was in sensational form this afternoon, acquiring an impressive 16.50 out of a possible 20 for a series of blistering forehand turns.

“It’s an amazing result for me for sure,” Lima said. “I really like these conditions. It’s pretty similar from Brazil, bumpy and I got two great waves and it’s so good to make it straight to Round 3.”

After posting an emphatic victory at the 2009 installment of the Rip Curl Women’s Pro Bells Beach, Lima is one of the event favorites.

“I’m defending champion here this year and I have a lot to live up to,” Lima said. “I’m going to the next round and hoping that things continue to go well for me.”

Lima will take on 2010 ASP Women’s World Tour rookie Nikita Robb (ZAF), 21, when Rip Curl Women’s Pro competition continues.

Stephanie Gilmore (AUS), 22, reigning three-time ASP Women’s World Champion and current ASP Women’s World No. 1, continued her fantastic roll today, with a big win in Round 1 despite challenging conditions.

“We went on hold right before my heat and when we restarted it was still a bit inconsistent,” Gilmore said. “I didn’t really put up a decent score until halfway through the heat and I was hunting a backup until the last few minutes. It’s a good start for me and I’m just focusing on one heat at a time.”

A former two-time winner at the Rip Curl Women’s Pro Bells Beach, Gilmore will be looking improve upon last season’s Runner-Up finish when she lost a hard-fought Final to Lima.

“Definitely looking to go one better this season,” Gilmore said. “Every year gets more challenging and the level of surfing seems to increase with each event.”

Gilmore will battle Trials Winner and event wildcard Tyler Wright (AUS), 15, in Round 3 of the Rip Curl Women’s Pro.

When competition resumes, up first will be Coco Ho (HAW), 18, and Lee Ann Curren (FRA), 20, in the opening heat of Round 3.

Event organizers will reconvene tomorrow morning at 7:30am for a possible 8am start.

Highlights from today’s Rip Curl Women’s Pro Bells Beach presented by Ford Fiesta will be available via www.live.ripcurl.com

The Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS, featuring the ASP Top 45, has been called off for the day.

RIP CURL WOMEN’S PRO BELLS BEACH ROUND 1 RESULTS:

Heat 1: Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) 7.67, Carissa Moore (HAW) 6.17, Rebecca Woods (AUS) 5.44

Heat 2: Coco Ho (HAW) 11.00, Paige Hareb (NZL) 7.67, Lee Ann Curren (FRA) 7.20

Heat 3: Stephanie Gilmore (AUS) 12.77, Tyler Wright (AUS) 10.00, Bruna Schmitz (BRA) 9.20

Heat 4: Silvana Lima (BRA) 16.50, Jessi Miley-Dyer (AUS) 10.67, Nikita Robb (ZAF) 9.17

Heat 5: Claire Bevilacqua (AUS) 12.20, Sofia Mulanovich (PER) 11.56, Rosanne Hodge (ZAF) 11.20

Heat 6: Chelsea Hedges (AUS) 17.20, Melanie Bartels (HAW) 12.27, Amee Donohoe (AUS) 7.80

RIP CURL WOMEN’S PRO BELLS BEACH ROUND 2 RESULTS:

Heat 1: Rebecca Woods (AUS) 10.17, Nikita Robb (ZAF) 8.37, Amee Donohoe (AUS) 7.20

Heat 2: Rosanne Hodge (ZAF) 12.60, Lee Ann Curren (FRA) 11.34, Bruna Schmitz (BRA) 10.16

RIP CURL WOMEN’S PRO BELLS BEACH ROUND 3 MATCH-UPS:

Heat 1: Coco Ho (HAW) vs. Lee Ann Curren (FRA)

Heat 2: Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) vs. Carissa Moore (HAW)

Heat 3: Rebecca Woods (AUS) vs. Paige Hareb (NZL)

Heat 4: Stephanie Gilmore (AUS) vs. Tyler Wright (AUS)

Heat 5: Silvana Lima (BRA) vs. Nikita Robb (ZAF)

Heat 6: Chelsea Hedges (AUS) vs. Rosanne Hodge (ZAF)

Heat 7: Melanie Bartels (HAW) vs. Jessi Miley-Dyer (AUS)

Heat 8: Sofia Mulanovich (PER) vs. Claire Bevilacqua (AUS)

Heat 8: Mick Fanning (AUS), Kai Otton (AUS), Stuart Kennedy (AUS)

Heat 9: Joel Parkinson (AUS), Chris Davidson (AUS), Gabriel Medina (BRA)

Heat 10: Bede Durbidge (AUS), Adrian Buchan (AUS), Adam Robertson (AUS)

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #5 am: April 03, 2010, 14:51:22 »

Reigning ASP Women’s World Champ Gilmore Wins Rip Curl Women’s Pro Bells Beach

Pictured: Stephanie Gilmore (AUS), 22, reigning three-time ASP Women’s World Champion, claimed her third Rip Curl Women’s Pro Bells Beach Title today over former ASP Women’s World Champion (2004) Sofia Mulanovich (PER), 26.

Credit: © ASP / ROBERTSON

BELLS BEACH, Victoria/Australia (Saturday, April 3, 2010) – Stephanie Gilmore (AUS), 22, reigning three-time ASP Women’s World Champion, has claimed the 2010 Rip Curl Women’s Pro presented by Ford Fiesta over opponent Sofia Mulanovich (PER), 26, in a hard-fought Final.

Event No. 2 on the 2010 ASP Women’s World Tour, the Rip Curl Women’s Pro came to a dramatic close today, with the unstoppable, young Australian collecting her third Bells Title in four attempts.

“I’m a bit overwhelmed by this,” Gilmore said. “To ring the bell once is an amazing feeling, but three times? I don’t think the gravity of it has sunk in yet. It’s an incredible event and I feel very fortunate to have achieved such success here so far.”

While not necessarily a standout in the earlier rounds, Gilmore appeared to bide her time at the Rip Curl Women’s Pro, peaking on the final day of competition with some incendiary performances.

“I wasn’t in a hurry,” Gilmore said. “It’s probably not the most exciting frame of mind for the spectators, but I know that it doesn’t totally count until the Final, so that was my game plan and I guess it kind of worked for me. It’s what I’ve used for a lot of events and it seems to work.”

Having collected two wins from two events in 2010, Gilmore now has a commanding lead as she hunts down a fourth ASP Women’s World Title.

“Two for two is definitely an unexpected start of the year but I guess when you’re not really expecting too much that’s when it all just comes your way,” Gilmore said. “Winning the World Title is such an incredible feeling - it’s quite rare so while I can, I just might as well keep winning. But it does take a lot of energy – it really draws a lot of energy out of you. When you come to the end of the year, everybody wants a piece of your time and it can be quite intense, but it’s something that I enjoy. I think that’s why I just kind of cruise throughout the year and then at the end of the year, I want that big climax.”

Sofia Mulanovich (PER), 26, former ASP Women’s World Champion (2004), surfed exceptionally well throughout the day despite suffering from a neck injury in yesterday’s Round 3. The fleet-footed Peruvian’s Runner-Up finish is good enough to vault her to ASP Women’s World No. 2 heading into the third event of the year.

“I’m not at my 100% but I’m just stoked to make it to the Finals,” Mulanovich said. “That’s why I really want to go get treated before my Final. Hopefully it feels better before the next event.”

Chelsea Hedges (AUS), 26, former ASP Women’s World Champion (2005), looked the form surfer of the event, until falling to eventual Runner-Up Mulanovich in the Semifinals.

“I’m disappointed,” Hedges said. “Heats don’t get much closer than that. I felt like I was on a roll after Margaret’s and it’s disappointing to feel good here and lose a heat like that. That said, I’ll just try to shake it off and concentrate on New Zealand.

Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS), 19, into her second year on the ASP Women’s World Tour, defeated an in-form Coco Ho (HAW), 18, this morning before falling to eventual winner Gilmore in the Semifinals.

“Equal 3rd is a good result but it’s still very frustrating to go down to Steph (Gilmore) again,” Fitzgibbons said. “I’m just going to take it as a learning experience and look forward to the next one. It’s great to have events back to back this season and I’m excited for New Zealand.”

Highlights from the Rip Curl Women’s Pro Bells Beach presented by Ford Fiesta will be available via www.live.ripcurl.com

The next stop on the 2010 ASP Women’s World Tour will be the TSB Bank Women’s Surf Festival in Taranaki, New Zealand from April 11 – 16, 2010.

The Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS, featuring the ASP Top 45, has commenced competition with Round 1 following the women’s Final.

The Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach will be televised LIVE in Australia on FUEL TV. For more information, check out http://www.foxsports.com.au/fueltv

RIP CURL WOMEN’S PRO BELLS BEACH FINAL RESULTS:

1 – Stephanie Gilmore (AUS) 14.67

2 – Sofia Mulanovich (PER) 10.00

RIP CURL WOMEN’S PRO BELLS BEACH SEMIFINALS RESULTS:

SF 1: Stephanie Gilmore (AUS) 13.50 def. Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) 10.67

SF 2: Sofia Mulanovich (PER) 10.50 def. Chelsea Hedges (AUS) 10.50

RIP CURL WOMEN’S PRO BELLS BEACH QUARTERFINALS RESULTS:

QF 1: Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) 16.50 def. Coco Ho (HAW) 3.34

QF 2: Stephanie Gilmore (AUS) 17.34 def. Rebecca Woods (AUS) 4.56

QF 3: Chelsea Hedges (AUS) 9.33 def. Silvana Lima (BRA) 4.83

QF 4: Sofia Mulanovich (PER) 9.93 def. Melanie Bartels (HAW) 7.67

ASP WOMEN’S WORLD TOP 5 (After Event No. 2):

1 – Stephanie Gilmore (AUS) 2400 points

3 – Sofia Mulanovich (PER) 1524 points

3 – Melanie Bartels (HAW) 1524 points

5 – Chelsea Hedges (AUS) 1308 points

5 – Coco Ho (HAW) 1308 points

Heat 8: Mick Fanning (AUS), Kai Otton (AUS), Stuart Kennedy (AUS)

Heat 9: Joel Parkinson (AUS), Chris Davidson (AUS), Gabriel Medina (BRA)

Heat 10: Bede Durbidge (AUS), Adrian Buchan (AUS), Adam Robertson (AUS)

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #6 am: April 03, 2010, 14:52:41 »

Lethal Andy Irons Back in Form at Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach Round 1

Pictured: Andy Irons (HAW), 31, former three-time ASP World Champion, saw a ferocious return to form today in Round 1 of the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS.

BELLS BEACH, Victoria/Australia (Saturday, April 3, 2010) – The opening 10 Round 1 heats of the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS were completed this afternoon, and despite the shifty two-to-three foot (1 metre) peaks on offer at Rincon, the world’s best surfers unleashed a barrage of high-performance talent.

Event No. 2 of 10 on the 2010 ASP World Tour, the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach finally commenced competition today after the completion of the women’s event (won by reigning three-time ASP Women’s World Champion Stephanie Gilmore (AUS), 22). After being put on hold for four and a half days, the greatest assemblage of surfing talent in ASP history injected a fury of hi-fi surfing into Bells Beach.

Andy Irons (HAW), 31, former three-time ASP World Champion, saw a ferocious return to form today, besting new school phenom Dane Reynolds (USA), 24, and 2010 ASP Dream Tour rookie Nate Yeomans (USA), 28, in the opening heat of competition.

“It feels great it’s been a long week of just getting up early like a fire drill but it’s just something I do here,” Irons said. “I want to be ready for that and having Dane (Reynolds) and Nate (Yeomans), I really respect their surfing. Dane is one of my favourite guys to watch and to get a win over him it feels awesome.”

Taking a year-long sabbatical from full-time competition in 2009, Irons returned to the singlet in the opening event on the Gold Coast, finishing equal 17th. Clearly unhappy with his performance at the season-opener, a rejuvenated and explosive Irons turned up at Bells Beach today, dominated the shifting righthanders to the tune of 14.17 out of a possible 20.

“The ASP gave me the opportunity to take last year off and I took it,” Irons said. “It’s an amazing job, but surfers do get burnt out and it did happen to me. I really got to have a little time off, watch the contests from home and I realised how much I missed it. To be out at Snapper and see how good the surfing came up in the last year and a half, I had to go back into training and get my boards dilated out and now I’m way more motivated for this contest.”

A former two-time winner at the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach, Irons has amassed an impressive 19 elite tour victories, and will be eyeing No. 20 at the Rip Curl Pro.

“It’s always that one extra,” Irons said. “I’d love to get 20, but I’m pretty proud of my 19. I’m going to try my hardest to get another one.”

Joel Parkinson (AUS), 28, defending Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach winner and 2009 ASP World Runner-Up, navigated the late afternoon conditions beautifully, posting the day’s high heat total of a 16.00 out of a possible 20. Despite being the defending champ, Parkinson remains calm and collected heading into the remainder of the event.

“I don’t feel any pressure as there’s been a lot of events since then,” Parkinson said. “I definitely appreciate the confidence that I have from winning last year. In these conditions, you just try to survive your heat, do what you can and hope the opportunity comes to you and that would do enough to win.”

Adriano de Souza (BRA), 23, was the standout of the round this afternoon, executing a series of powerful turns and progressive aerials to net an impressive 15.07 out of a possible 20 to advance directly into Round 3.

“I feel great,” De Souza said. “First heat here at Bells and I win it, so I’m really proud because I came to work on this event two weeks before the start. I wanted to have a good heat in the beginning. The conditions are not really good, but I’m proud of my surfing and my boards are working really good as well, so I’ll just keep going and hope that this event is going to put me in the Top 5 again.”

Kelly Slater (USA), 38, former nine-time ASP World Champion, is surfing with renewed fervour this season, easily winning his opening Round heat at Bells Beach. The iconic Floridian has been characteristically guarded when discussing his plans for the season, but the potential to clinch an unprecedented 10th ASP World Title is a motivation.

“Obviously didn’t get the result I was looking for on the Gold Coast but it’s a long year ahead,” Slater said. “I’m taking it event by event, but the title is always the goal. We’ll see how it pans out.”

Also claiming Round 1 victories today were reigning two-time ASP World Champion Mick Fanning (AUS), 28, current ASP World No. 1 Taj Burrow (AUS), 31, among others.

Event organizers will reconvene tomorrow morning at 7:30am to assess conditions for a possible 8am start.

When competition resumes, up first will be Jordy Smith (ZAF), 22, Patrick Gudauskas (USA), 24, and Jay Thompson (AUS), 27, in Heat 11 of Round 1.

Highlights from today’s Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS will be available via www.live.ripcurl.com

The Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach will be televised LIVE in Australia on FUEL TV. For more information, check out http://www.foxsports.com.au/fueltv

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH ROUND 1 RESULTS:

Heat 1: Andy Irons (HAW) 14.33, Dane Reynolds (USA) 8.56, Nate Yeomans (USA) 8.40

Heat 2: Luke Stedman (AUS) 12.66, Matt Wilkinson (AUS) 9.77, Damien Hobgood (USA) 7.84

Heat 3: Jeremy Flores (FRA) 10.50, Bobby Martinez (USA) 10.43, Tanner Gudauskas (USA) 7.73

Heat 4: Tiago Pires (PRT) 11.60, Travis Logie (ZAF) 5.73, C.J. Hobgood (USA) 4.83

Heat 5: Kelly Slater (USA) 14.00, Marco Polo (BRA) 8.16, Mick Campbell (AUS) 7.84

Heat 6: Adriano de Souza (BRA) 15.07, Blake Thornton (AUS) 11.56, Kekoa Bacalso (HAW) 10.77

Heat 7: Taj Burrow (AUS) 14.26, Daniel Ross (AUS) 13.27, Neco Padaratz (BRA) 9.13

Heat 8: Mick Fanning (AUS) 13.73, Kai Otton (AUS) 11.23, Stuart Kennedy (AUS) 12.00

Heat 9: Joel Parkinson (AUS) 16.00, Gabriel Medina (BRA) 10.33, Chris Davidson (AUS) 8.83

Heat 10: Adrian Buchan (AUS) 12.56, Adam Robertson (AUS) 11.97, Bede Durbidge (AUS) 9.50

REMAINING RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH ROUND 1 MATCH-UPS:

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #7 am: April 05, 2010, 12:16:51 »

Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach Called Off for Today

Pictured: Owen Wright (AUS), 19, will look to recover in Round 2 when the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS recommences.

BELLS BEACH, Victoria/Australia (Monday, April 5, 2010) – The Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS has been called off today, with little swell to speak of at the primary venue of Bells Beach this morning and low-calibre surf on offer at the backup venue of Johanna.

Event No. 2 of 10 on the 2010 ASP World Tour, the Rip Curl Pro completed the opening round of competition over the previous two days at the primary site of Bells Beach but lack of surf and an unfavourable swell projected have prompted today’s lay day.

“We’re stuck in the unfortunate position of having too little surf at Bells and too much surf at Johanna,” Damien Hardman, Rip Curl Pro Contest Director, said. “We have some improving conditions in the coming days and will be back at 6:30am tomorrow to assess the next move.”

When competition resumes, up first will be Bede Durbidge (AUS), 27, up against wildcard Stuart Kennedy (AUS), 20.

Highlights from yesterday’s Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS will be available via www.live.ripcurl.com

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH ROUND 2 MATCH-UPS:

Heat 1: Bede Durbidge (AUS) vs. Stuart Kennedy (AUS)

Heat 2: C.J. Hobgood (USA) vs. Gabriel Medina (BRA)

Heat 3: Bobby Martinez (USA) vs. Adam Robertson (AUS)

Heat 4: Damien Hobgood (USA) vs. Neco Padaratz (BRA)

Heat 5: Dane Reynolds (USA) vs. Blake Thornton (AUS)

Heat 6: Jordy Smith (ZAF) vs. Marco Polo (BRA)

Heat 7: Taylor Knox (USA) vs. Travis Logie (ZAF)

Heat 8: Kieren Perrow (AUS) vs. Tanner Gudauskas (USA)

Heat 9: Dean Morrison (AUS) vs. Matt Wilkinson (AUS)

Heat 10: Kai Otton (AUS) vs. Nate Yeomans (USA)

Heat 11: Chris Davidson (AUS) vs. Jay Thompson (AUS)

Heat 12: Daniel Ross (AUS) vs. Adam Melling (AUS)

Heat 13: Kekoa Bacalso (HAW) vs. Brett Simpson (USA)

Heat 14: Mick Campbell (AUS) vs. Drew Courtney (AUS)

Heat 15: Jadson Andre (BRA) vs. Luke Munro (AUS)

Heat 16: Ben Dunn (AUS) vs. Owen Wright (AUS)

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #8 am: April 06, 2010, 10:06:43 »

World’s Best Flare at Thirteenth Beach for Rip Curl Pro Round 2

Pictured: Chris Davidson (AUS), 34, was the standout today in Round 2 of the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS.

THIRTEENTH BEACH, Victoria/Australia (Tuesday, April 6, 2010) – Round 2 of the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS was completed today as event organizers relocated to nearby Thirteenth Beach to take advantage of the available swell on offer.

Event No. 2 of 10 on the 2010 ASP World Tour, the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach completed the opening round of competition at Bells Beach over the weekend, and today’s move to Thirteenth Beach saw the greatest assemblage of surfing talent in history light up the punchy two-to-three foot (1 metre) beachbreaks.

Chris Davidson (AUS), 34, a veteran of the international stage, proved the form surfer of the round, blasting the running righthanders in a battle royale against compatriot Jay Thompson (AUS), 27. Davidson’s forehand attack saw no parallel in terms of speed and ferocity as he bested Thompson 16.13 to 16.10.

“The waves start pumping for our heat and it’s a shame as Bottle (Jay Thompson) was surfing so well,” Davidson said. “He probably would have won any other heat, but that’s the tour, sometimes you just have those heats. I’m feeling good though. I feel healthy and I’m looking forward to the rest of the event.”

With the ASP Top 45 being reduced to 32 following the fifth event of the season, added pressure has been thrust upon the world’s best surfers, all striving for early season results to ensure their position amongst the elite throughout the year.

“I’m just happy to get on a roll here at the start of the year,” Davidson said. “With the mid-year cut to 32, the pressure is on all of us to perform. I started out the year well with a 9th on the Goldy and I’m looking to go better here down at Bells.”

Davidson will take on Luke Stedman (AUS), 33, in Round 3 when competition resumes.

Bobby Martinez (USA), 27, current ASP World No. 3, ended the hopes of local wildcard and last year’s event runner-up, Adam Robertson (AUS) today. The Californian flared on his backhand with a series of committed rail gouges and flawless execution to advance through to Round 3.

“I knew that Robbo (Adam Robertson) was going to be a challenge,” Martinez said. “He surfs great no matter where he is, but at home, he’s really good. He showed everyone last year how dangerous he can be and I wasn’t taking him lightly. The waves are small, but definitely contestable. Hopefully it picks up for the rest of the competition.”

Martinez will battle Drew Courtney (AUS), 31, in Round 3 of the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach.

Gabriel Medina (AUS), 16, wildcard into the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach, caused the biggest upset of the event thus far, defeating former ASP World Champion (2001) C.J. Hobgood (USA), 31, in Round 2 of competition.

“I’m very happy right now,” Medina said. “I had good confidence from winning the other day (in the Rip Curl International Grom Search Finals) and the conditions today suit my surfing. C.J. (Hobgood) is an amazing surfer and this is the biggest win of my career.”

Medina will face reigning two-time ASP World Champion Mick Fanning (AUS), 28, in Round 3 of competition.

Brett Simpson (USA), 25, 2010 ASP World Tour rookie, punctuated the afternoon action today, lofting an incredible full rotation Alley-oop to the tune of a 7.83 out of a possible 10, to secure his Round 2 win over 2009 ASP World Tour Rookie of the Year Kekoa Bacalso (HAW), 24.

“I dropped in and it looked pretty fast,” Simpson said. “I didn’t think I could fit two nice turns so I just went for the Alley-oop tried my luck. There are tons of guys that could do it – it’s all about sticking them at the right time and I did it.”

Event organizers will reconvene tomorrow morning at 7am for a possible 7:30am start.

When competition resumes, up first will be South American sensation Adriano de Souza (BRA), 23, against 2010 ASP World Tour rookie Brett Simpson (USA), 25, in the opening heat of Round 3.

Highlights from the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS will be available via www.live.ripcurl.com

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH ROUND 2 RESULTS:

Heat 1: Bede Durbidge (AUS) 13.16 def. Stuart Kennedy (AUS) 12.06

Heat 2: Gabriel Medina (BRA) 10.43 def. C.J. Hobgood (USA) 9.84

Heat 3: Bobby Martinez (USA) 15.24 def. Adam Robertson (AUS) 14.07

Heat 4: Neco Padaratz (BRA) 12.03 def. Damien Hobgood (USA) 9.60

Heat 5: Dane Reynolds (USA) 9.06 def. Blake Thornton (AUS) 7.46

Heat 6: Jordy Smith (ZAF) 12.23 def. Marco Polo (BRA) 9.84

Heat 7: Taylor Knox (USA) 13.67 def. Travis Logie (ZAF) 13.60

Heat 8: Tanner Gudauskas (USA) 13.83 def. Kieren Perrow (AUS) 10.54

Heat 9: Matt Wilkinson (AUS) 10.10 def. Dean Morrison (AUS) 9.43

Heat 10: Kai Otton (AUS) 11.94 def. Nate Yeomans (USA) 5.60

Heat 11: Chris Davidson (AUS) 16.13 def. Jay Thompson (AUS) 16.10

Heat 12: Daniel Ross (AUS) 11.56 def. Adam Melling (AUS) 9.83

Heat 13: Brett Simpson (USA) 13.66 def. Kekoa Bacalso (HAW) 8.70

Heat 14: Drew Courtney (AUS) 12.84 def. Mick Campbell (AUS) 8.27

Heat 15: Jadson Andre (BRA) 9.50 def. Luke Munro (AUS) 2.43

Heat 16: Owen Wright (AUS) 9.84 def. Ben Dunn (AUS) 9.10

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH REMAINING ROUND 3 MATCH-UPS:

Heat 1: Adriano de Souza (BRA) vs. Brett Simpson (USA)

Heat 2: Fredrick Patacchia (HAW) vs. Patrick Gudauskas (USA)

Heat 3: Kai Otton (AUS) vs. Andy Irons (HAW)

Heat 4: Taj Burrow (AUS) vs. Matt Wilkinson (AUS)

Heat 5: Dane Reynolds (USA) vs. Roy Powers (HAW)

Heat 6: Jordy Smith (ZAF) vs. Owen Wright (AUS)

Heat 7: Daniel Ross (AUS) vs. Tiago Pires (PRT)

Heat 8: Mick Fanning (AUS) vs. Gabriel Medina (BRA)

Heat 9: Joel Parkinson (AUS) vs. Neco Padaratz (BRA)

Heat 10: Adrian Buchan (AUS) vs. Jeremy Flores (FRA)

Heat 11: Bobby Martinez (USA) vs. Drew Courtney (AUS)

Heat 12: Taylor Knox (USA) vs. Jadson Andre (BRA)

Heat 13: Bede Durbidge (AUS) vs. Tanner Gudauskas (USA)

Heat 14: Chris Davidson (AUS) vs. Luke Stedman (AUS)

Heat 15: Kelly Slater (USA) vs. Dusty Payne (HAW)

Heat 16: Tom Whitaker (AUS) vs. Michel Bourez (PYF)

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #9 am: April 07, 2010, 11:18:56 »

Burrow, Smith and Fanning Light Up Winkipop for Rip Curl Pro Rounds 3 and 4

Pictured: Taj Burrow (AUS), 31, current ASP World No. 1, was the dominant surfer in today’s Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS.

WINKIPOP, Victoria/Australia (Wednesday, April 7, 2010) – The Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS, Event No. 2 of 10 on the 2010 ASP World Tour, relocated to Winkipop for Round 3 and the opening four heats of Round 4 today where perennial threats went ballistic in the rippable three-to-four-foot (1 metre) reeling righthanders.

Taj Burrow (AUS), 31, current ASP World No. 1, has been in sensational form lately with nearly a flawless competitive record over the past five months, and showcased exactly why throughout two heats today. In a hard-fought battle against explosive rookie Matt Wilkinson (AUS), 21, Burrow surfed flawlessly, netting a 17.04 out of a possible 20.

“That was fun for sure,” Burrow said. “I saw some great waves and I was really excited to surf, but I just knew that you actually had to catch them because there weren't that many. But everything went my way which is unfortunate for Wilko (Matt Wilkinson). He's a great surfer, he has the best backhand so I knew it was going to be a tough heat, but I just got stuck with the waves and they came to me. I was happy I had the magnet on.”

The lightning-fast Western Australian then went on a rampage against former three-time ASP World Champion Andy Irons (HAW), 31, in Round 4, posting the highest score of the day, a 17.77 out of a possible 20.

“It feels great,” Burrow said. “I owe him (Irons) a couple. We’ve had some amazing battles over our careers. He’s been in deadly form. He’s all alive so it was good to get him for sure. I had a great time. The waves are really good. I think it might even be one the best surfs I’ve had at Winki – only small, but just so clean and with the high tide they were coming from this little deep peak. Every wave I took off on had such a nice wall. It was good to have a few sets come through too. I was worried about the heat being inconsistent but it ended up pumping.”

Burrow will take on an in-form Adriano de Souza (BRA), 23, in the Quarterfinals of the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach.

Jordy Smith (ZAF), 22, current ASP World No. 2, posted an impressive win over rookie sensation Owen Wright (AUS), 19, in Round 3 before putting on a progressive surfing clinic in an emphatic win over Roy Powers (HAW), 29, in Round 4.

“It was a fun heat,” Smith said. “It’s too bad that I had Roy (Powers) again. He’s a teammate of mine and we’re travelling together so it’s a little tough, but I’m just happy I made it through. There were actually some really good waves out there – a little smaller, but a lot more consistent than my first heat so I’m stoked.”

Smith secured the highest single-wave score of the event against Powers, lacerating a running righthander and punting multiple aerials before executing a “Superman” air to finish – the score dropped to the tune of a near-perfect 9.80 out of a possible 10.

“I think I had like two average waves like two 7’s under of my belt,” Smith said. “Roy (Powers) didn’t want to have the wave – it was a small one, so I took it and it ended up being a good one, walling up through the inside and it just allowed me to do some good turns.”

Smith will take on reigning two-time ASP World Champion Mick Fanning (AUS), 28, in the Quarterfinals of the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach.

Fanning, a former winner at the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach (2001), showed no mercy against wildcard Gabriel Medina (BRA), 16, in their Round 3 clash. The reigning champ dominated with a blend of his patented forehand gaffs as well as an injected dose of aerial creativity, netting an 17.20 out of a possible 20, to advance through to Round 4.

“I had a good little wave at the start and got an 8.50,” Fanning said. “It allowed me to apply a lot of pressure at the start. I was just out there having a lot of fun. I knew the waves were going to be fun little rights, and I surf those all the time. I had a good surf out here last night, and I just tried to focus on selecting the best waves and surfing well.”

Fanning went on to survive a tight heat at the end of the day against European battler Tiago Pires (PRT), 30, in Round 4.

Kelly Slater (USA), 38, former nine-time ASP World Champion, survived a closely-contested Round 3 heat against rookie phenom Dusty Payne (HAW), 21, to advance through to Round 4. Slater, who spent the day in hospital getting scans on his right foot (inflamed ligaments suspected), battled back after Payne secured an excellent 9.17 out of a possible 10.

“I woke up this morning and I couldn’t walk so for me it was all an upside today,” Slater said. “I expected to go out there and lose. Instead, I got out there and figured out I could surf, but then Dusty (Payne) got that 9. I didn’t see what he did, but apparently it was something big and I was sort of scanning out the back. With 10 minutes remaining, I had priority so I was just hoping for a long flat spell or just one wave. I got a couple of scores, kept it efficient and came away with the win.”

Slater will face Michel Bourez (PYF), 24, in Heat 8 of Round 4 of the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach.

Event organizers will reconvene tomorrow morning at 7am for a possible 7:30am start.

When competition resumes, up first will be defending Rip Curl Pro winner Joel Parkinson (AUS), 28, up against compatriot Adrian Buchan (AUS), 27, in Heat 5 of Round 4.

Highlights from today’s Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS will be available via www.live.ripcurl.com

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH REMAINING ROUND 3 RESULTS:

Heat 1: Adriano de Souza (BRA) 16.67 def. Brett Simpson (USA) 11.16

Heat 2: Fredrick Patacchia (HAW) 13.37 def. Patrick Gudauskas (USA) 11.70

Heat 3: Andy Irons (HAW) 10.67 def. Kai Otton (AUS) 6.70

Heat 4: Taj Burrow (AUS) 17.04 def. Matt Wilkinson (AUS) 13.33

Heat 5: Roy Powers (HAW) 13.50 def. Dane Reynolds (USA) 12.34

Heat 6: Jordy Smith (ZAF) 14.67 def. Owen Wright (AUS) 8.47

Heat 7: Tiago Pires (PRT) 13.14 def. Daniel Ross (AUS) 12.17

Heat 8: Mick Fanning (AUS) 17.20 def. Gabriel Medina (BRA) 11.84

Heat 9: Joel Parkinson (AUS) 15.16 def. Neco Padaratz (BRA) 13.57

Heat 10: Adrian Buchan (AUS) 15.17 def. Jeremy Flores (FRA) 12.06

Heat 11: Bobby Martinez (USA) 12.83 def. Drew Courtney (AUS) 10.34

Heat 12: Jadson Andre (BRA) 16.53 def. Taylor Knox (USA) 14.37

Heat 13: Bede Durbidge (AUS) 15.90 def. Tanner Gudauskas (USA) 15.63

Heat 14: Luke Stedman (AUS) 14.34 def. Chris Davidson (AUS) 14.17

Heat 15: Kelly Slater (USA) 15.10 def. Dusty Payne (HAW) 13.84

Heat 16: Michel Bourez (PYF) 16.24 def. Tom Whitaker (AUS) 10.00

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH ROUND 4 RESULTS:

Heat 1: Adriano de Souza (BRA) 14.90 def. Fredrick Patacchia (HAW) 11.90

Heat 2: Taj Burrow (AUS) 17.77 def. Andy Irons (HAW) 11.93

Heat 3: Jordy Smith (ZAF) 17.30 def. Roy Powers (HAW) 13.77

Heat 4: Mick Fanning (AUS) 12.60 def. Tiago Pires (PRT) 10.90

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH REMAINING ROUND 4 RESULTS:

Heat 5: Joel Parkinson (AUS) vs. Adrian Buchan (AUS)

Heat 6: Bobby Martinez (USA) vs. Jadson Andrew (BRA)

Heat 7: Bede Durbidge (AUS) vs. Luke Stedman (AUS)

Heat 8: Kelly Slater (USA) vs. Michel Bourez (PYF)

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #10 am: April 08, 2010, 09:37:17 »

Lay Day Called for Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach, Possible Finish Tomorrow

Pictured: Michel Bourez (PYF), 24, will battle former nine-time ASP World Champion Kelly Slater (USA), 38, in Heat 8 of Round 4 at the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS.

BELLS BEACH, Victoria/Australia (Thursday, April 8, 2010) – With little surf on offer this morning, event organizers have been forced to call a lay day today for the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS.

Event No. 2 of 10 on the 2010 ASP World Tour, the Rip Curl Pro saw a marathon day of surfing yesterday at nearby Winkipop, where the world’s best surfers broke performance barriers through Round 3 and the opening half of Round 4. Today’s projected drop in surf has forced a lay day, but event organizers are hopeful that tomorrow could see a champion crowned.

“It’s obviously too small to run anything today so we’ve called a lay day,” Damien Hardman, Rip Curl Pro Contest Director, said. “We have a bump projected for tomorrow and we’ll assess where we could possibly finish.”

When competition resumes, up first will be defending Rip Curl Pro winner Joel Parkinson (AUS), 28, up against compatriot Adrian Buchan (AUS), 27, in Heat 5 of Round 4.

Highlights from yesterday’s Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS will be available via www.live.ripcurl.com

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH ROUND 4 RESULTS:

Heat 1: Adriano de Souza (BRA) 14.90 def. Fredrick Patacchia (HAW) 11.90

Heat 2: Taj Burrow (AUS) 17.77 def. Andy Irons (HAW) 11.93

Heat 3: Jordy Smith (ZAF) 17.30 def. Roy Powers (HAW) 13.77

Heat 4: Mick Fanning (AUS) 12.60 def. Tiago Pires (PRT) 10.90

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH REMAINING ROUND 4 RESULTS:

Heat 5: Joel Parkinson (AUS) vs. Adrian Buchan (AUS)

Heat 6: Bobby Martinez (USA) vs. Jadson Andrew (BRA)

Heat 7: Bede Durbidge (AUS) vs. Luke Stedman (AUS)

Heat 8: Kelly Slater (USA) vs. Michel Bourez (PYF)

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #11 am: April 09, 2010, 09:08:26 »

Kelly does it again !!!  :o

Jens

• Administrator
« Antwort #12 am: April 09, 2010, 12:08:51 »

Injured Slater Bests Fanning to Claim Fourth Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach Title

Pictured: Kelly Slater (USA), 38, former nine-time ASP World Champion, bested reigning two-time ASP World Champion Mick Fanning (AUS), 28, to claim the 2010 Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS.

JOHANNA BEACH, Victoria/Australia (Friday, April 9, 2010) – Kelly Slater (USA), 38, former nine-time ASP World Champion, has claimed his fourth Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS title over reigning two-time ASP World Champion Mick Fanning (AUS), 28, in clean three-to-four foot (1 metre) waves at the backup venue of Johanna Beach.

The second stop on the 2010 ASP World Tour, the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach was completed over four different venues this year, with Round 1 at Bells Beach, Round 2 at Thirteenth Beach, Round 3 and the opening half of Round 4 at Winkipop before the final day was completed at Johanna Beach.

Following a relatively slow start to the highly-anticipated Final, Fanning unleashed with a 7.17 to take the lead. The lightning-fast Australian strung together a series of high-speed maneuvers to pull ahead and put the Floridian on the ropes.

However, Slater would answer back with an incredible Alley-oop aerial maneuver, boosting so high his feet separated from his board before he recovered for an 8.93. Slater then paddled out into another excellent wave, scoring an 8.10 to bring his total to 17.03 out of a possible 20 – a lead that Fanning would not surpass.

“It was a lot more difficult than it looked out there,” Slater said. “The tide came up and the takeoff was a lot deeper than we thought it would be. I was getting bumped and bounced and falling, and I had five or six waves before I got something going. On that 8.93, I was up in the air and when I landed, I kind of fell on my butt and did the one-footed shuffle, but I recovered there. Then I paddled straight into that second wave and that was it.”

Despite suffering a hairline fracture in his right foot three days ago, Slater was able to push himself to a record 42nd elite tour victory, and today’s win marks his fourth at Bells Beach, matching the historic record set by legendary Australian Mark Richards in the 1970s.

“I’m really excited because I remembered that before this contest I promised myself that if I won, I would give to trophy to the Wathaurong (local aboriginal tribe) people,” Slater said. “I didn’t remember that until I was out in the water and right when I did, those waves came. So before I give it to them, I want to pass the trophy around for everyone to give a ring because that’s never been done before.”

Today’s win sees Slater vault from 9th to 2nd on the elite ASP World Tour rankings, setting up his campaign for an unprecedented 10th ASP World Title.

“It’s a long year but I’m excited to put up a result here,” Slater said. “I felt like I was surfing well on the Gold Coast but didn’t get the result I was looking for. So to come here and back it up is a step in the right direction.”

Fanning’s Runner-Up finish is a welcome result compared to his season opener on the Gold Coast where he finished Equal 9th. Despite the disappointment of not ringing the bell this season, Fanning now sits at ASP World No. 5 and is in an excellent position to defend his ASP World Title.

“A Runner-Up finish is great but I would have loved to win,” Fanning said. “I couldn’t seem to find a rhythm out there and Kelly (Slater) can do anything, even when he’s injured. Still though, it was a great finish for the event and I want to thank all the locals down in Johanna for letting us surf out here today.”

Bobby Martinez (USA), 28, was one of the form surfers at Johanna Beach, opting to surf the lefthanders down the beach with unparalleled style and aggression, linking razor-sharp turns with massive aerials to best 2010 ASP Dream Tour rookie Jadson Andre (BRA), 20, and defending Rip Curl Pro Bells winner Joel Parkinson (AUS), 28, before falling to Slater in the Semifinals.

“I’m not very happy with how I performed out there,” Martinez said. “I wanted to win. I wanted to opportunity to surf, but I didn’t get it. This is my best start I’ve ever had, but yeah, I’m disappointed.”

Taj Burrow (AUS), 31, has been near unstoppable since December, making the Finals in his previous four events (collecting three victories), before falling short against Fanning in today’s Semifinals. Despite the loss, Burrow’s Equal 3rd sees him retain his position as ASP World No. 1.

“I’m happy with a third but disappointed because I fell on a couple of good ones,” Burrow said. “It was really challenging out there. It looks okay, but there’s a lot of bump on the face of the waves. I had a couple of good ones, but fell and that’s frustrating. Still though, I’m happy with my result and I’m looking forward to the next one.”

Highlights from the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach presented by SNICKERS will be webcast LIVE via www.live.ripcurl.com

The next stop on the 2010 ASP World Tour will be the Santa Catarina Pro in Brazil from April 23 through May 2, 2010.

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH FINAL RESULTS:

1 – Kelly Slater (USA) 17.03

2 – Mick Fanning (AUS) 12.00

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH SEMIFINAL RESULTS:

SF 1: Mick Fanning (AUS) 15.33 def. Taj Burrow (AUS) 12.50

SF 2: Kelly Slater (USA) 14.66 def. Bobby Martinez (USA) 3.80

RIP CURL PRO BELLS BEACH QUARTERFINAL RESULTS:

QF 1: Taj Burrow (AUS) 11.34 def. Adriano de Souza (BRA) 4.87

QF 2: Mick Fanning (AUS) 14.20 def. Jordy Smith (ZAF) 14.00

QF 3: Bobby Martinez (USA) 15.10 def. Joel Parkinson (AUS) 11.40

QF 4: Kelly Slater (USA) 15.10 def. Bede Durbidge (AUS) 13.00